Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hilton San Francisco Financial District

Nuck
By Nuck,
in

Hi,

First time user here so don't know that much about bidding or finding great deals.

I'm going to be visiting SF from Oct 28 to Nov 2 with 1 other person. Would prefer to stay in the city somewhere (Union square or nearby would be nice) as we have a friend nearby. I'm looking for something in the 3-4* range and am not very picky but am just looking for the best deal possible for my money.

Any help would be appreciated!

I did some more reading and research and found that there are seven rebid zones (Civic Center South, Japan Town, Marina, Pacific, Richmond, SFO North and South San Francisco) for 4*, and four (Marina, Pacific, Richmond, SFO North) rebid zones for 3.5*.

Any recommended strategies for bidding?

Congratulations on figuring out your re-bid zones as the above is correct, but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked.

Would prefer to stay in the city somewhere (Union square or nearby would be nice)...

To avoid any confusion as to what you consider to be 'nearby', please list the zones (by PRICELINE name) that would be acceptable and we will include these in a bidding strategy for you.

I'm looking for something in the 3-4* range and am not very picky but am just looking for the best deal possible for my money.

At current rates for these dates i think you're likely looking in the $150-$175/nite area for a 3 star hotel (pending confirmation of your acceptable zones). You can certainly try for a higher rated hotel first, and we can suggest a strategy for that as well, but (again, depending upon the zones you're willing to accept) at this point in time i think you're likely looking in the $200-$225 area for a 4 star property.

Let us know the information above (and re-confirm your maximum bid at each star level) and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you want to first try for a 4* up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5*, then if rejected try for a 3*... or is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Did you want to use the same maximum budget at each star level OR lower your maximum bid as you lower the star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking for the least expensive 3 star and up... I'm also probably looking to lower my bid as I lower the star rating.

If you're looking for the least expensive 3* or better for this stay, and that is rejected, then there is no opportunity to 'lower your bids as you lower your star rating' as you would have already bid the lowest star rating that you said you are willing to accept.

Do you see how the above is contradictory?

What star rating do you want to start with... and at what (actual number) maximum bid? If that fails what star rating and maximum bid combination do you then want to try next? (if anything)

And then? (if anything)

I did a bunch more research and decided to push my check-in date one day ahead. I managed to start bidding from 120 CAD with $2 increments, and snagged a 4* Hilton San Francisco Financial District for 148 CAD (114 USD) for Oct 29 to Nov 2!

I'm going to figure out what to do for Oct 28, but finding a one night stay should be much easier!

Congrats on your success. :)

Pretty fantastic deal for San Francisco, which has become one of the more expensive cities in the US for hotels in recent years. 

Please start a new thread and we would be happy to help with the additional night.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Sorry to hear that the bid wasn't successful. Definitely start a new thread for the additional night and we would be happy to take a look and offer our thoughts. If you try to use the "add a night" feature, is the service making you a counter-offer?

pacey82,

For help with your own stay please continue your existing Priceline San Francisco hotel thread... this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as enable us to link to the thread in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps once a hotel is ultimately purchased (just as was done for Nuck's win of the Hilton in this thread)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]