Priceline Hotel: NYC Over 10/23-10/25

lockback
By lockback,
in

I'm looking for a hotel for Friday and Saturday night. The problem is we will be driving in and it seems like hotel parking in Manhattan is brutal ($60+ a day?) The Brooklyn Hotels seem better, any suggestion for getting into one of the 4*? Possible with a priceline bid under $150? I tried 125 and got nuthin.

Conversely, any advice on what to do with a Manhattan hotel without paying out the nose for parking?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Driving from PA.Staying somewhere where we could walk to get food or get a drink somewhere chill would be ideal, which is what attracted me to Brooklyn, but we're pretty open. We'll probably split our time in Manhattan hitting up Comedy Clubs at night and during the day probably hanging around wherever our hotel is.

Looking to ID these 2.5 and 2 star Hotels in Brooklyn for 10/23-10/25

2.5 stars $95.00 per night

Brooklyn

Amenities Include: Free breakfast, Free parking, Free Internet, Business center and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

2stars 103 per night

Brooklyn

Amenities Include: Free parking, Free Internet and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

2.5 stars $95.00 per night

--> best guess for this one would be the Lexington Inn Brooklyn NY... but do you really want to stay at a hotel that has a 20% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests and an equally low 2.0/5.0 TA rating?!?!

2stars 103 per night

--> i don't have any insight into this one

Unfortunately in this area you're going to need to spend a bit more to get anything decent... PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 2.5* Long Island City hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $167/nite with only a Business amenity listed... my guess here would be the Hotel Vetiver, which at least gets good reviews.

HOWEVER, i would sooner recommend increasing your budget to ~$200/nite and see if you can get something in Manhattan at that price... it will make your stay much more enjoyable being directly in Manhattan. You should include as many zones are as acceptable, but i think you have a chance at a 3.5* hotel in the Downtown-Financial District zone near the $200 mark, and you may even be able to find street parking from Friday nite until Sunday evening.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah, I wasn't sure if it made sense to keep stuff together or keep priceline/hotline questions in their forums, my apologies.

Is street parking that doable? I was assuming you'd have to garage it in Manhattan. I'll look around and see if I can find some decent prices there. I am also trying apt, but its tough to find someone with actual availability.

If you're willing to hunt (and drive around a bit) you can often find street parking in the Downtown/Financial Districts on the weekends... or find a lot which would be substantially cheaper then using the hotel's parking. Remember you don't need to park close to your hotel either as you will likely just park at the beginning of your trip and then return at the end of your trip... but make sure you check/read signs carefully as a parking ticket in Manhattan will cost you more then any lot for the whole weekend!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]