Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4.5* Hotel Chicago Mag Mile North-Water Tower

mikevet
By mikevet,
in

I am wondering if you think this is the Thompson. Ive never stayed there, but hear its very nice. Its listed at $255--it was up to 460 yesterday. id like to grab it if you think its Thompson and think thats a good spot. The "100% recommended" seems to point away from The Ivy--do you agree? On the Hotwire site it says "Free Internet".

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Thanks, as always!!

Please include the date(s) of your stay so we can replicate your search and look more closely at this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Doublecheck the amenities of the $282/nite hotel as i think that may be a different offer (i'm seeing it with a 95% recommendation and a different set of amenities).

For the original posting, i know the amenity set matches previous reports for the Thompson, but i'm skeptical that it may be some other property, although i'm not certain which one it is.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Its still there at 100%,but now $320. Do you have any idea which hotels this could be if not the Thompson? I sure would appreciate the help!

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Thanks.

I still see the property as well, but unfortunately don't have any insight into this one... AaronJB knows this area well and may be able to add his thoughts or shed some light.

Perhaps the Thompson but some sort of error with the tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page or it's not up to date? This could certainly be something else too, but unfortunately, I'm not sure what else it could be - I don't think it's the Westin or Drake and the new Loews falls within the Mag Mile-River North zone.

As someone very familiar with the area, when hotels downtown are this expensive, if someone is driving, I'd rather stay outside the city and take the Metra train in and save at least a couple of hundred dollars.

There's a 4* in the Loop with 100% recommendation and only boutique/fitness, but that listing hasn't been ID'd/reported. 

On PRICELINE EXPRESS there is a 4* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $247 w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center. In terms of the bed choice option, there is a "1 King Bed - City View" option for the same price so at least you'll get a view of some sort. That would be a likely match for the Sheraton.

There is a 4.5* Mag Mile-RN on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $316 w/Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a guess would be the Westin River North. Important note: one of the bed choice options is River View. If this is in fact the Westin and you can get an upgraded River View room (preferably on a high floor), that would be fantastic.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases..

I was trying to figure out the 4.5* that was 100%, but the prices have gone up to the point that I want to consider this hotel as it's not that much more. This is a special occasion, so I want a really nice spot.  Any help is appreciated.

5* Mag Mile - River North $562/nite

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Also, a question. On your page, why do Hotwire Easy View and the Hotwire tab to the immediate left of the Easy View tab not show the same hotels?

Thanks again!!

I think it comes down to what are you looking for exactly. If you want a 5*, then that's great and we would be happy to help you ID the above (please let us know the dates.) However, I think there are a number of appealing options at the 4/4.5* level around $250-350. If this is the night of the 10th, given that the Marathon is the 11th this night is probably not going to get much better (and could certainly get worse) in terms of prices.

First answer: Yes. Same dates. 10/10--10/11. I'm not sure why this is relevant given that I'm asking for very different hotels. I'm simply asking for help identifying a 5* hotel with the listed amenities, as identifying the 4.5* with the listed amenities proved tough for everyone. Now, I am asking for the likely properties given the listed amenities. I'm not sure why this seems to bother anyone. Just asking for help in an area where your knowledge far exceeds mine.

Same dates. 10/10--10/11. I'm not sure why this is relevant...

It's relevant since we keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I'm not currently seeing the same HOTWIRE property as you, as this is the 5* hotel i'm seeing in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... if this is what you're seeing, the Langham would be my best guess for this one.

I will also add that i'm seeing this 5 star Mag Mile - River North hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $496/nite with an impressive 9+ user review rating and:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

... my guess here would be the Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Throwing out a few suggestions (you may see slightly different rates.):

1. $240 4.5* Mag Mile-RN  Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Pet Friendly

-- Possibly the Gwen (former Conrad Hilton) or Westin River North. If either, both very nice hotels.

2. $287 4.5* Mag Mile N-WT Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Possible match for Sofitel, which is a very nice property.

3. $540 5* Mag Mile N-WT Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- Possible match for Park Hyatt or Waldorf.

Let me know if you have any Chicago hotel or general city questions.

Darn it. I don't see the 4.5* boutique WITHOUT a pool in Mag Mile WT any longer that you thought may be Sofitel. I think I lost out. I do see the 100% boutique again that I think may be the Thompson in this same area.

Question. Are there any 5* in the MagMile River north EXCEPT Langham and Trump? I may splurge on this level. It's a big deal weekend.

Thanks for your help and patience. I want to find a really special place , and if I can save a few bucks, that's even better. Any other suggestions VERY appreciated!

The Trump and Langham are the only hotels that have been reported to the board at the 5* level in the Mag Mile-RN zone. Star ratings can change at any time and something else may appear as a 5*, but I'd be rather surprised in this zone.

Some of what I'm seeing this evening:

4.5* Mag Mile-RN $320 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Intercontinental. Wouldn't recommend the IC at this price.

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $325 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly

-- The Thompson would be a possibility, but not certain.

5* Mag Mile N-WT $515 Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- Possible match for the Park Hyatt or Waldorf, which have been seen with this amenity set.

Not seeing the potential Westin or Gwen listing from this AM, unfortunately.

I'm familiar with the area - definitely let me know if you have any questions (hotel or city) before booking.

• 9 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]