Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Savannah (Savannah Historic District - Riverfront) Planters Inn

bonnie10
By bonnie10,
in

Hello!

My wife and I just found out we're going to be able to get a way for a couple of night's next week and so i'm scrambling to find a hotel.  I realize that below is a huge list, basically all of the hotels that fall within our price range, so anything that you can offer is helpful.  I don't expect you to review such a huge list, but thought there may be a few of these that at a glance or completely obvious to you the property and you'd be willing to share those.  Any of them, however many or few, that you can comment on would be awesome. thank you! 

the Dates are Oct 6 - 8

From the PRICELINE EXPRESS link....

1)  3 star - $138  --   Business Center, Restaurant, Indoor/Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, Free Internet  -  bed choice available

2)  3 1/2 star - $148 -  only lists Business Center

From HOTWIRE link....

1) 3 1/2 star - $189 -  free internet, business center, golf nearby, restaurant, self-service laundry

2)  3 star - $170 - free internet, free breakfast, suite, business center

3)  3 1/2 star - $175  --  free internet, free breakfast , business center, self- service laundry, fitness center, restaurant, pool

4)  3 1/2 start - $191 -- free internet, free breakfast, boutique hotel, restaurant

5) 3 start - $132  -- free parking, free breakfast 

6) 3 1/2 star - $155  - free internet, free breakfast, business center, boutique hotel, golf nearby

7)  3 star - $130 - free internet, suite, business center, indoor pool, golf nearby

8)  4 star - $187 - free internet, free breakfast, boutique hotel, pet friendly

9)  3 star - $151 - free internet, restaurant, business center, self service laundry

Please start by following-up your previous Asheville Hotwire thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip, then reply here and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Also, so that we can prioritize the hotels above and hopefully better zero in on an appropriate hotel for your needs this trip, what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response.  I apologize for not following up on the Asheville thread.  We ended up booking at the Aloft on Biltmore St because it was important to us on that trip to stay in the downtown area.  After you provide insight on the potential hotels, it appeared that most of those would be outside of the area we wanted to be in, so we paid a little more to make sure that were able to stay where we could walk to the places we wanted.   Thanks for naming the hotels because otherwise we'd have probably bid on one of those only to be disappointed that we landed outside of the area we wanted to be.  

As far as this trip, the most important element is that we are in the Historic District for walking everywhere we want to go. We've bid before and landed at the Westin across the river which was fine and then we've booked a bed and breakfast before and stayed at the Marshall House.

We mainly just want a nice, clean place in that area.  The amenities that would be attractive to us, but not necessary, would be free parking, free breakfast and internet.   Things like golf, fitness, laundry service, etc won't be things that we'll need this time around. 

thank you!

...we paid a little more to make sure that were able to stay where we could walk to the places we wanted.   Thanks for naming the hotels because otherwise we'd have probably bid on one of those only to be disappointed that we landed outside of the area we wanted to be.

Sometimes the help we give is help you avoid a hotel or area that you don't want... please use the our requested sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your future regular rate purchases or when you need a specific area within the zone.

For your Savannah trip, those which seem the best among the offers to me, and my best guess(es):

PRICELINE EXPRESS:

3.5* Historic District - Riverfront (confirm your dates on the landing page) with only Business --> Planters Inn

HOTWIRE

3* at $132/nite with: Complimentary Breakfast, Free Parking

--> 17 Hundred 90 Inn would be my guess for this one

3.5* at $155/nite with: Boutique, Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking

--> Planters Inn (but would be cheaper thru PRICELINE EXPRESS above)

3* suite at $163/nite with: Suite, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Kitchenette, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

--> Staybridge Suites - Historic Savannah would be my guess here

Do any of the above work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response on the properties.  Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in the Planters Inn at that price.  I realize that you can only make your best guess, but are you pretty confident that the Priceline Express property of $134 (business only) is the Planters Inn?  thanks!

ok, I sure will.

As I look at it now on Priceline Express, the prices have changed, but I assume this one is still probably Planters Inn? --   it's  3 1/2  $134 - Savannah Historic District Riverfront Area - Business only

There is also one other Riverfront listed on PRICELINE EXPRESS...    3 - $138 - Riverfront - business - indoor/outdoor pool - fitness - internet - restaurant.   any guess on this one?

thanks!

If you click my link above it will take you to the 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer now priced at $134/nite (it even says at the top of the page "we can now offer this deal at a lower price")... still believe this to be the Planter's Inn.

I'm not currently seeing a 3* hotel in this zone offered for $134/nite... i see THIS 3* hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) priced at $150/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Fitness Center

... my guess for this one would be the Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, when I went to book last night the $134 (presumed Planters Inn) was no longer there.  I'm very comfortable with PI, but hesitant to bid on the others without knowing what they might be.  I guess the only other one's on the Priceline Express or Priceline that I have a good idea on is the Staybridge and 17hundred90...prefer not to do Staybridge if possible. If you have a chance to look again and see anything that is likely Planters Inn, please let me know.  Or if any other 3 or 3 1/2 start besides Staybridge. thank you!

The Planter's Inn is still available on HOTWIRE for $178/nite (as per the amenities in my previous post above... but make sure they match up as there is a different 3.5* Boutique offering as well):

Boutique, Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking

Should still be within your budget given your original request, no? If not, what about any of the other previously researched/identified properties?

ok, thanks!  I think I'll go ahead and do the one on HOTWIRE that appears to be the Planter's Inn.  

Before confirming it, however, there is one more 3 1/2* on Priceline Express that I'm curious about it if you have a chance to comment on it.  Though I'd find out what it is and then do it.

it's  31/2* - $167 -- Savannah District Riverfront Area Hotel - business center, free internet, pool, fitness - bed choice  ---   is this Marriott Riverfront or Hyatt Regency?

thanks!

I don't have a high degree of confidence in any guess for this 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, but will add that while you continue to investigate other offers, the HOTWIRE property believed to be the Planter's Inn could disappear just as the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer did.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide for this trip and how it goes.

• 1 year later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a hotel that you were happy with and enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]