Priceline Hotel: Melville New York Huntington Plainview area in Long Island

BiddingGal
By BiddingGal,
in

Also there is just one Melville 1 star hotel. Extended stay. If I bid the 1 star in Plainville-(melville)is it a fair possibility it is Melville extended stay? There's one 1 Star in the Plainview.. or will it be one of the independent motels?

Also,bid Plainview 2.5 star got Best Western 2x. $89-159 .$129avg.

. Very Nice hotel. But in Woodbury. Which is 8 miles from Melville.

I have already stayed 8 nights in Melville bidding on three star. The bid is only 10 to $20 less than published rate.

Is this usual to this area? As you all know we often save 50 to 60% bidding!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Also there is just one Melville 1 star hotel.

Not sure where you're gleaning this information but i don't believe this to be the case, as in addition to the Extended Stay America Long Island - Melville there is also the 1 star rated Rodeway Inn Huntington Station... and there could be others as well.

Also,bid Plainview 2.5 star got Best Western 2x. $89-159 .$129avg.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of and can benefit from this purchase when searching the topic titles on the board, the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, and our Priceline Maps.

I have already stayed 8 nights in Melville bidding on three star.

Can you please add a NEW TOPIC to the board for this one as well.

What are the dates needed for your upcoming Huntington-Plainview stay? What is your maximum budget per nite? (before fees/taxes)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From your title:

The lowest bid number is found by first carefully researching rates for your particular dates via Bidding Helper (above), hotel web sites, Hotwire, Priceline Express, and other general sources (lots on the Support Page above).  Then starting below the best number you find and working up gradually.  During high seasons the discounts tend to be less than in low seasons.  I've received bids with only the $10 to $20 savings.  

As far as "the best star rating", that depends upon your personal taste/needs/budget.

Or were you asking what is the highest (best) star number?  That would be 5*, although in many areas there aren't hotels that go up that high.  And sometimes there might be hotels in the area at higher star levels, but no inventory available for Priceline bidding.  Currently the highest star level available for Priceline bidding and on Priceline retail (direct purchase) is 3.5*.

Or were you asking what is the highest Guest Rating?  The highest I've seen is 9+, although there might be a 10.  The 7+s you see for several star levels in Melville are the minimum you'd receive if you bid that particular star level.  9s are really rare.  8s are very good.  7s are solid.  I'd have to have some other reasons before I'd go for lower guest rated choices.  

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]