Priceline Hotel: "Off-season" price drop for Hilton Head Island beachfront

lnddavis
By lnddavis,
in

Hello.  We are trying to win a bid through this website on 4* resorts on HHI for early October.  We have stayed at the Sonesta a couple times before during this same time of year, and did so for a good bit less than what it seems to be now.  Started bidding in the mid-$80s and now in the mid-$90s with no luck.

Any suggestions on when prices might drop from summer being over?  Thank you.

Lou

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Hilton Head Island is a popular destination for weddings, reunions, events etc so it's impossible to give you a date especially if bidding for a weekend.

Can you please post the dates for your upcoming stay so we can research the rates.

What is your max budget/night before tax/fee's?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Any suggestions on when prices might drop from summer being over?  

You could try directly on the particular hotel's web site checking  a day at a time for your possible travel days.  Or using Hotwire or Priceline Express the same way.  Sometimes you can pick up the pattern that way.

I just looked at Saturday nights on the hotel's web site, but it seems the first serious dip is November 7.   Rates were either much higher or simply no availability in October.

Romelle

Thanks Yellowdog and Romelle.

We are looking at 10/8-10/11 on an oceanfront property.  We hoped we could keep it $100/night or under.  A couple years ago we stayed for about $80/night, and a few years before that about $60/night!

And yes, will continue to use the Priceline links on this site.

Lou

While this may be off-season there could still be many events which drive up hotel prices, even though it's still low-season.

Rates for 4 star hotels in this zone are still priced at $200+ for these dates, and with just 2 weeks to go before check-in, i would think that hotels are not hurting for business for these dates (weddings, conferences, etc. may all be taking place this weekend, in addition to family trips given the long weekend)

Is this an optional trip you will only take if priced near $100/nite... or are your plans to go away these dates confirmed and you would raise your bid and/or lower your star rating should you not succeed at $100 for a 4 star property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the additional info.  Yes we're locked into these dates as it aligns with a school holiday.  The only way we'll be able to fit it into our budget is if we can stay ~ $100/night.  I'm starting to think I may have to look for properties that aren't on the shoreline, but with small children it makes for so much better stay being right there on the sand.  I was basing my assumption off of past stays on the 3-day weekend, but yes...maybe this may just be a busy time.

Lou

You can also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if there is anything affordable (even at a lower star rating if it has good reviews) located on/near the beach.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]