Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

redgale
By redgale,
in

Hi there,

With the help of this board, I have successfully bid a couple times the past, though it's been awhile. Now I am trying to secure a 4* in the Kaanapali - Lahaina area of Maui for two nights, January 26 & 27. There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for this period that is $251/night that looks good, but I thought I'd try to save a little more money if possible. 

I started trying to bid last night using the two rebidding zones (Kahului & Kihei). I started at $185 and went up to $190 and $200 with the rebids. I then closed out the Internet, reopened, and went back to Priceline. I was able to submit bids ($210, $215, and $220) but each time got the message that the "bid could not be accepted for $X at this time" message -- so it seems like it was letting me bid again without waiting the delay period, right? Or perhaps I misunderstand the system and that message appears if someone is trying to bid before the wait time is up. Tonight I picked up where I left off and am up to $245 and nothing has been accepted. 

My questions are:

-Is it possible that NYOP does not have a price lower than the Express deal?  
-Any advice on strategy?

Thanks much.

PS. I have been clicking the board's links.

PRICELINE NYOP and PRICELINE EXPRESS use a different universe of hotels so it's possible that there is inventory on one side of their service but not on the other side (not all hotels participate with both sides of their service)

Is this the 4* Kaanapali-Lahaina hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) you're seeing for $251/nite and has:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

... if so, my best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

Assuming you're happy with this guessed property (i have friends who just returned from there and LOVED it) i wouldn't worry about the extra $6/nite (vs. your previously rejected bid) and focus more on the $75+ per nite savings. ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I thought it would probably be the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa , which looks lovely. I booked it this morning and am sure we will have a wonderful time!

With a room cost of $251 per night, taxes of $98, and the resort fee total of $60, the final cost is $660, which Priceline reports is a 23% savings. 

Thanks again for the advice!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good point, lightrules. The extra parking fees are part of why I was thinking that even a small savings below the $251 would be nice!

Although it looked to me like the parking was $16 (self-park) or $20 (valet) per day, not $30 (http://maui.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel/parking.html) -- I suppose with tax that it will end up costing a bit more. Did you mean the resort fee? That was included in the $660 final cost.

Wherever you end up staying, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]