Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago North Shore (Deerfield) Hyatt Deerfield

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

Ended up doing a very last minute stay. Initially thought about trying to get a different property, but wound up changing my mind at the last minute and bidding for this property instead and glad I did.

This has really become one of my favorite properties in the area. Is it the slickest and most luxurious property I've tried? No.

What it is is a very consistent/reliable, upscale Hyatt that can often be had for around $50 on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE. I've stayed here now multiple times and every time, it's been a very nice experience. At around the $50 mark, it's a ridiculous value.

If you're driving to Chicago and you aren't going to be downtown late into the night, this is an awfully reasonable option during the Summer months when rates are high in comparison to the 'burbs. There is a Metra station a short drive away. I believe this property has a shuttle, but didn't happen to see it.

There isn't anything really around the hotel aside from Walgreens HQ next door, but there's a lot of restaurant and shopping options within an easy drive.

The property had been renovated since I last stayed and while it wasn't anything massive, it looked nice - the lobby had clearly been re-arranged/remodeled and public areas (hallways, etc) had been freshened up/brightened up. Room didn't look any different, but I honestly didn't think the rooms needed any change.

The rooms here are terrific, with a large shelving unit between a bedroom and living area and the TV (which can be turned around) in the middle shelving unit. Under the TV is a small frig (always useful.) While not full suites (more studio suites/junior suites), the larger rooms are very comfortable.

As of this post, the only other "known" 3.5*'s in the zone are the Marriott Suites Deerfield and the Embassy Suites Deerfield. I'd be very happy to get either of those as a win when bidding, too, as I think both are great properties.

I'd certainly stay here again and would continue to recommend it - especially around the rates it often goes for on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE

Of course, use the site's PRICELINE link to start purchase and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]