Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* Midtown East

uma
By uma,
in

Hi,

we are traveling to NYC between 7 November and 14 November this year. Therefore we're looking for a Hotel, i can figure out some Hotels on Price.line and Hot.wire but not all. The one specific i'm asking for is on Hot.wire:

Midtown East 4* - Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet Access - for the Price of 157€ per Night ( instead of 326€) but has only a recomendation of 35%.

Can you Help me find out which Hotel this is?

Kind regards from Austria

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Also, please post your room rate in US Dollars as it makes it easier for us to locate the same hotel among the offers when we replicate your search. What is your maximum budget for this stay (per nite before taxes/fees) as i think you can likely do much better then a hotel with only a 35% recommendation from previous guests.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I've done the search as you described. it,s 170$ per room per Night, the Full Amenities are Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet Access, accesible for visually impaired, Accessible for Hearing impaired, accessible for path of travel, in-room accessibility, accessible bathroom, roll-in shower. So the 35% are the recomendation only from the last guest?

I didn't thought about a Maximum budged yet, just wanted to check out the Prices, i would like to stay Kind of in the Center of Manhattan. It doesn't matter for me a lot if the Hotel is 3,4 or 5*, it has to be clean.

So i just wondered why this Hotel is much cheaper then other Hotels in this area. I also didn't find a 4* Hotel in this Area that i wouldn't like, so i think i could choose this, but maybe i'm overlooking something?

A 35% approval rating from prior customers is not encouraging - it means only 35% of customers who stayed here via Hot.wire at the discounted rate approved of the hotel.

I'll guess that this may be the Roosevelt or Wyndham Midtown 45, both of which have been seen with this amenity set. It may be something else, but those are two guesses and those hotels have been seen with this amenity set.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Best guess for the HOTWIRE offer above would be The Roosevelt Hotel.

So the 35% are the recomendation only from the last guest?

No, it's from all previous guests that have given their feedback to HOTWIRE (although they usually 'reset' if/when a hotel is upgraded/downgraded)

So i just wondered why this Hotel is much cheaper then other Hotels in this area.

One explanation is that the hotel could have trouble filling its rooms for these dates OR perhaps needs to discount deeper then other hotels on HOTWIRE in order to entice people based upon the low 35% recommendation from previous guests... but i will add that the price is not that much better then other offers i'm seeing for your dates...

For example thru PRICELINE EXPRESS you have (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4 star Times Square hotel for $184/nite with Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center...best guess here would be the Hotel Mela (although i'd also opt for the extra $5/nite and go for the Queen sized bed instead of the Full, assuming you are not traveling alone)

For an extra $10-$15/nite this would be a much better choice then The Roosevelt, imo.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help (i'm very familiar with NYC so feel free to ask)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, thank you very much for your help, so one last question. Is the Name your own Price normally cheaper then express deals?

Ok, so what would you recommend for the first NYC Visit? I would like to stay central, 3* would also be ok for me if there is a big Price difference to 4*.

Should i purchase the Hotel now or should i wait?

Kind regards!

Because it's more opaque, PRICELINE bidding is generally cheaper, but often not substantially. You have to decide whether it's worth it to bid and potentially get any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone picked or go with PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE for slightly-to-moderately more and have a chance at guessing where you may be staying based on the information given.

This is traditionally not an inexpensive time of year for NYC and a week straight in NYC is not always easy to get a deal on so I wouldn't wait.