Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Intercontinental Chicago

dcm189
By dcm189,
in

Hi, 

I was wondering if you could help ID this property?  I will be sure to use your Hotwire link. Thanks, really appreciate it! :)

9/4-9/5

4.5*

Magnificent Mile Area - River North

$109 "Weekend deal!"

FULL AMENITIES (from Hotwire easy view tool on this forum): Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I decided to go with Priceline on this one, since it was pretty obvious that the Intercontinental was available for both Hotwire and Priceline Express Deals. 

Priceline Express Deals had it for ~$109. So I did name your own price at $95, then $99. $99 did the trick for the intercontinental. Dates: 9/4 for one night. 

I was very careful to click the Priceline link from Betterbidding. First time I did Priceline thru Betterbidding link, since I've usually used Hotwire :)  Thx for the help!

Amenities
24-hour front desk
Air conditioning
ATM/cash machine on site
Babysitting/child services
Bar
Barber/beauty shop
Business centre
Concierge service
Currency exchange
Dry cleaning
Express check-in/check-out
Facilities for disabled guests
Fax/photocopying
Fitness centre
Gift shop
Heating
Indoor pool (all year)
Internet services
Laundry
Lift
Luggage storage
Meeting/banquet facilities
Newspapers
Non-smoking rooms
Non-smoking throughout
On-site parking
Paid WiFi
Parking
Pets allowed
Private parking
Restaurant
Room service
Safety deposit box
Sauna
Shops (on site)
Valet parking
WiFi
WiFi available in all areas

I decided to go with Price.line on this one, since it was pretty obvious that the Intercontinental was available for both Hot.wire and PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals.

Priceline Express Deals had it for ~$109. So I did name your own price at $95, then $99. $99 did the trick for the intercontinental. Dates: 9/4 for one night.

I was very careful to click the PRICELINE link from Betterbidding. First time I did Priceline thru Betterbidding link, since I've usually used Hot.wire :)  Thx for the help!

A few notes:

The hotel pool is one of the first public pools built on a higher floor. It's been pretty remarkably maintained over the years and has a lot of history. Even if you don't use the pool, it's worth a look at the pool area.

The hotel in general has a lot of history (in terms of Chicago hotel history, the Drake, Palmer House and Ambassador East are more commonly discussed, but the Intercontinental has a very fascinating history, as well - http://www.icchicagohotel.com/History) and while I don't know if they still offer it, I believe they used to offer audio guided tours of the property if you asked the concierge. 

I don't think the new tower is worth the upgrade, but the non-upgraded rooms in the new tower that face North really don't have much of a view. If you're going to be in the room a lot, you may want to ask if you can get a new tower room facing Michigan Ave or looking towards the lake, but if you're not going to be in the room much, it may not matter.

If you walk out the front door and then turn the corner and walk along the South face of the building, keep heading East and as the road curves at the curve there is a staircase down. Take the stairs down and at the bottom of the stairs there's a very nice, new Whole Foods.

Let me know if you have any city questions.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks AaronJB! That is so kind of you! 

I had no idea the hotel had so much history until you mentioned it. The location is truly phenomenal, great access to Magnificent Mile and great restaurants in River North. The Purple Pig (top 10 new US restaurant) is literally right across the street, and Siena Tavern is nearby.

I did decline the upgrade ($50) since wasn't staying in the room much, so thanks for that tip. 

Rushing for travel but just wanted to thank you for your kind note, really appreciate it!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]