Priceline Hotel: NYC - 12/25 - 12/28

gswart
By gswart,
in

Hi all,

Newbie here and just read the information on how this works.

My wife and I will be in NYC on dates above and I'm hoping I can secure a 4 - 5* hotel in this period. I realise it is starting on Christmas day but was wondering if anyone knows whether this is a specific expensive time and if you have a range I should look at. We would like to stay as central as possible as we are so short in NY so looking at Midtown East / Central, Times Square of Empire State Building Area.

Can get an apartment rental for approx $200 per evening - do you think this could be matched through Priceline?

Thanks

The worst of the holiday period in terms of prices is generally post-Thanksgiving and then to about 12/15. The period after is still a little expensive, but certainly better in comparison. I do see the W New York on HOTWIRE for $166 (you may see a slightly different price) (a 4* MTE w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly.) Would that be of any interest?  Hotels with amenities are not going to be an apples-to-apples comparison with an apartment so it may be worth slightly higher prices.

Overall,  a 5* is not going to be realistic for $200, but a 4* for around $200 or less is certainly possible and HOTWIRE has a number of 4* options in that range.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]