DTW to JAX

aw4381
By aw4381,
in

I am new to the bidding for airfare feature on priceline.

Can anyone comment on this:

Please consider increasing your offer to dramatically increase the chance of getting your tickets.

$333.00 The lowest published fare is on (including taxes/fees) *
$ ________   .00 Name Your Own Price and Save Up to 10% *

How much should I bid for this ticket? My original offer was 200, and I got this message.

Is the rebidding process similar to the hotel bidding process?

With the airlines cutting the number of flights each day over the last few years, there have been fewer and fewer empty seats, and deep discounts on airfare have become harder to come by.

With the above noted, how much of a discount would you need to make an opaque airfare purchase worthwhile? (given no choice of times, length of layover, city of layover, etc) What are the actual dates of your trip?

Re-bidding on airfare is slightly different then for hotels, as you have to use a different departure/arrival city as explained here: Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding

Let us know the information above and any questions you have regarding airfare re-bidding and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]