Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Amsterdam (Museum Quarter - Vondelpark) Park Plaza Vondelpark

cumbrianmale
By cumbrianmale,
in

Hi all,

I am used to bidding on the NYOP in Amsterdam but never normally this time of year. I have to be in Sweden at the start of the week so thought I would tag a few days on in Amsterdam.

My research showed vastly higher prices than I would expect and a bit of searching has revealed that there is a large music festival in town.

What are people's experience in these cases? Is inventory likely to be released to NYOP or will it all be retail?

It's impossible to say as it all depends how actual demand comes in relative to expected demand... are hotels selling more/less rooms then they would expect based upon the music festival (and any other events taking place during these dates)?

There is usually some amount of discount available, but just how deep of a discount is available depends on hotel occupancy, how many new reservations/cancellations they expect to receive in the next 6 weeks, and how actual reservations/cancellations come in relative to those expectations. (there are a LOT of factors that go into setting rates and hotels have a lot of data and spend a lot of money on software to try to accurately forecast demand and set rates accordingly)

You can use our sister site RefundableRates.com to book a back-up hotel while you continue to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE in the weeks ahead... this way you're protected from any future rate increases while still being able to take advantage of any rate drops in the weeks ahead. (you can also be alerted to any PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, and specific hotel rate drops using one of our other sites, RateDrop)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do for this this stay OR how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Those sister sites are amazing, the resources available continue to get better and better...

Thanks for the compliments... we're glad to hear that you like them and find them useful. :)

As far as rates dropping for your dates above, there really is no way to say as i don't have any insight into the music festival or the amount of extra demand it will create.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Also, please post prices in US Dollars as it makes it easier for us to locate the same hotel among the offers when we replicate your search.

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above would be the Park Hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]