Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago

hmrambling
By hmrambling,
in

I've visted Chicago before, and would like to visit again to sight see. I plan on booking in advance in hopes of saving money. I'm concerned about cab fare to/from MDW. Our flights are going into/out of MDW. I would like to be near the city's attractions. Preferably 3-4 star room. I'd like to see the Navy Pier and Sears Tower. Might also check out the theater in the area, and see a live performance. Also interested in local food.

Where is going to be the best place to look for rooms in the area?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Generally, I'd recommend staying North of the river, where you'll find more in the way of restaurants and more going on at night/on weekends. Navy Pier is not something I usually recommend and it's going to be quieter once it gets into the Winter months. I'd recommend Lincoln Park Zoo and the nearby Peggy Notabert Nature Museum, as well as Old Town (which is also right there.)

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay and how many people in the party?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hot.wire is completely down at the moment so I can check that later in the morning, but PRICELINE EXPRESS does have a 4.5* in the River North-NMA area w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center for $82.

That is likely the Intercontinental, given the amenities and the fine print on the detail page.

Given the 4.5* for $82, potentially you could get a 4.5* in the River North-NMA area via bidding for $67-75. We can also look at Hot.wire options when that service returns.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hot.wire I'm seeing:

4.5* Mag Mile-RN Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly $83

-- Likely Intercontinental.

4.5* Mag Mile-RN Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly $102

-- Likely James

I'm seeing the W Lakeshore, as well.

I would try and keep it central (Intercontinental, for example) and fairly near the the river. You just never know with Chicago in December and going with something centrally located is never a bad bet at that time of year.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

I started at 4.5* Mag Mile-RN for $67. No dice.

Added Millennium Park - Loop - Grant Park Area. Bid $75. No dice.

Added 4* and $76. Ended up with Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago for $76 night 4*

Dates 12/17/15-12/21/15.

Offer price: $76.00/night
Number of rooms: 1 room
Number of nights: 4 nights
Room subtotal: $304.00
Taxes & fees: $64.20
Total charged today: $368.20
Hotel fee: $0.00
Total cost:  $368.20

• 3 months later...

You can't really make that comparison 3 months after your purchase, as this could have been a very good deal based upon rates at that time, and if you had waited, it's possible that rates could have gone up substantially. (if rates have come down since your purchase, maybe an even lower bid may be accepted now)

If the room rate per nite (before taxes/fees) is currently cheaper you can make a claim with PRICELINE's Best Rate Guarantee and they will refund the difference (and double the difference for PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad to see they effortlessly honored their guarantee, which is much more lenient then other policies, which will only honor the room rate within 24-48 hours of booking... but PRICELINE's policy for Bidding and PRICELINE EXPRESS deals is up until midnite the day before arrival!

Have a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]