Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

Beefdrippings
By Beefdrippings,
in

My girlfriend just won the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel for $207 /night for September 20-23.It's a little more than we wanted to spend(Canadian dollar is weak right now) and Times Square is far from our preferred neighbourhood (We usually prefer to stay near the LES) but it's such an expensive time of year so sometimes compromises need to be made. It does seem to be a little outside Times Square itself,but still has a subway nearby.

There is an option to add three more nights to our stay for the same price which we will probably take advantage of since our trip is September 17-23.We could try our luck in a more preferred zone but my girlfriend doesn't really want to split it up if we can avoid it.At any rate,the place looks decent and all things considered I think the price is decent as well,especially if we add the 17-20th as those dates in particular seemed even more expensive than the last three days when split up.

Congratulations on your (partial) success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

When offered to extend your stay it's the ability to try to extend your stay (for up to the same number of nites that you originally booked). As rates are date specific, and PRICELINE does not know how many nite(s) you will try to add and/or if they will be at the beginning or the end of your stay, it's impossible for them to make the offer to extend your trip and guarantee the same rate that you have already won for the original date(s) of your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... if you would like help with the balance of your trip feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and ask your girlfriend to do the same if she is the one who will ultimately be making the purchases)

Enjoy this leg of your upcoming stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Got a question,sorry if this the wrong forum.

My gf and I will be staying with relatives in

Brooklyn for the first half of our trip. So if we take the

train in from EWR we'll be stopping at Penn Station.

Does anybody know if they have a luggage storage

service? We'll probably want to spend some time in

Manhattan before heading to Bushwick to drop off

our big suitcases. Which brings me to another question.

Presuming we do stop at Penn St,considering we have

suitcases I'm wondering if we would be better off taking

a car/cab to Brooklyn? Thanks

Not sure on the second question. On the first question, Amtrak does offer baggage storage although not sure if they do it for non-passengers. I haven't used it, but also found this on Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/schwartz-luggage-storage-nyc-new-york).

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the quick reply,and especially for that link.Cheers.

Edit:Using google I find a few others near Penn Station. Thanks again.

As far as whether to take a car/taxi vs. subway to Brookyln, it really depends upon time of day, day of the week, budget, and how manageable your bags are (is it one train line or do you need to transfer, how far from the subway station do your relatives live, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It will be after 7pm on a Thursday and the luggage is on the large size. He lives a block from the Myrtle station at Broadway so we could take the L and walk but getting two suitcases on the L at night seems like a real jerk move.We could get to the M which is closer to his apt,but again two suitcases on the train seems bunk.Maybe not as bad as the L would be but I'm still leaning towards a cab.

Thanks

Edit:Using a couple of online fare calculators I get anywhere from $30-$50.$19 Uber.

... getting two suitcases on the L at night seems like a real jerk move.

This isn't a line that i usually take so i could be wrong (perhaps ask your relative just how crowded the train is after 7pm), but if after 7pm (or even better after 8pm) i don't think the subway car will be all that crowded and there are far worse things that happen on the subway... it will really come down to how manageable the two suitcases are, imo.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]