Priceline Hotel: 3* Harrisburg - York (Harrisburg West) Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, Pa

PollyNYC
By PollyNYC,
in

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board.

Sorry to see that you don't like the outcome. Let's hope the hotel exceeds your expectations.

I always take the reviews with a grain of salt. And keep in mind with reviews that many of those people paid full price, which is often significantly more, and may have different expectations at those price points. And for some reason are the reviewers many times eager to complain over ridiculous things.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

I recently did some research in this area and although our plans didn't make a stop convenient, this place seems to get very good reviews for cheesesteaks if you're looking for something not too far from your hotel:

Philadelphia Steaks and Hoagies

4401 Carlisle Pike

Camp Hill, PA 17011

Also note that the Turkey Hill gas stations have a current promotion of .79 for their 22oz slushee which makes for a cheap way to cool off during the current heat wave that is expected this week.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

But why not post it for posterity - or other lucky and hungry travelers!

Because i backed-up yesterday and didn't have the time to include since, as you can see below, it requires a bit of a caveat/explanation...

Rascals Cheese Steaks

1350 MacArthur Rd

Whitehall, PA 18052

This is a take-out only stand that is (brace yourself)... attached to a Home Depot. I was a bit skeptical but based upon the reviews i read it was worth a shot and i'm really glad we gave it a try. We ended up taking our sandwiches to a nearby park and eating there (which also gave the kids an opportunity to run around a bit and let out some built up energy mid-trip of our car ride).

If you're willing to eat in your car (or sit on the curb on the side of the Home Depot) then this is also a worthwhile stop for some excellent cheesesteaks.

NOTE: some reviews mention them running out of items (like rolls, which is a no-no since the bread is an important piece of the sandwich... no cheesesteaks in a wrap for me) which we also encountered on a Sunday afternoon... they had no chicken cheesesteaks and a few other sauces they were out of stock on, so you'll need to also be a bit flexible in that they may not have your first choice of sauce or item(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for your post and glad to hear you enjoyed the cheesesteak recommendation.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay... you can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]