Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

Finally got a room!

I received another 10% off coupon this morning and saw using your PRICELINE link that MSG had a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at $257 per night so I thought I would try in increments (closing out each time and going back in via your link and adding free re-bid zones or zones which are notoriously expensive so I knew that it wouldn't be a hotel in those that I would get for my bid) until I got a counter-offer. 

Bid 230, 235, 240, 245, 250 with no counter-offer. Then bid $252 and got a counter-offer of $323 (is it coincidence that my counter-offer for 3.5* yesterday was also $71 above the bid I had made?) and then thought I would bid $1 more and it was accepted!

We had to spend a lot more than we budgeted for NY but are happy to have gotten a substantial discount on this room - about 100US per night after fees and taxes compared to the hotel's own website.

Now that's all of the accommodation for the trip sorted. Thank you for your assistance. Hopefully you will earn something even if small from me having used your links for research and purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]