Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

jmm102
By jmm102,
in

I'm looking for 3 rooms for 6 adults and 4 children for 9/18-921 in downtown Chicago.  There is a 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS deal with bed choices as listed below.  I'd appreciate any help in what this may or may not be.  Thanks.

Guest rating - 8.0

Amenities:

Business Center

Fitness Center

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Bed choices offered:

$281 - 1 bedroom suite - King + sofabed - accessible

$281 - 1 bedroom suite - King + sofabed

$298 - 1 bedroom executive suite - King + sofabed

$323 - 1 bedroom suite - 2 double beds + sofabed

Thanks.  There's another option today as listed below.  My guess (hope) is the Godfrey. 

9/18-9/21

4* Mag Mile - River North

Rated 8.0 - Guest Favorite

Amenities - Business Center, Restaurant

Bed choices & rates:

$253 - 1 King bed - Free Wifi

$272 - King bed + Sofabed - Suite - Free Wifi

$281 - 1 King bed + Sofabed - Suite - Free Wifi  (not sure what's different between this and above)

The Godfrey Hotel Chicago would be my best guess for this one. (lucky you!)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One note regarding the Godfrey:

I really, really enjoyed my stay there. I also bought via PRICELINE EXPRESS and secured a suite. The suite was not gigantic, but was more than comfortable. Really liked the hotel a great deal - still felt fresh (it is a newish hotel), everyone was quite nice, love the location in River North with tons of restaurants in walking distance. 

The suite was basically a smaller sitting room with couch and large TV, as well as sink, then a separate bedroom and off the bedroom was a large bathroom.

That said:

There is a bar on the 4th floor with a retractable roof. I didn't hear anything at all on a higher floor, but you definitely may on a lower floor.

I'd stay here again in an instant if I could get another suite on a high floor. I lucked out in terms of getting there early and they changed me to a higher floor (what room would I have had, who knows) because the room on the higher floor was available before the room I guess I'd been assigned to.

After my stay, if I did get this hotel again I'd call ahead to try and request a higher floor.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Great details - thanks.  I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger even though I was hoping to find a 4* closer to $200, but that seems less and less likely especially as we're needing 3 rooms with more than double occupancy.  The living room area would probably be fine for kids in the 6-11 yo range. 

Any idea why the different prices for what appear to be the same room type?

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two suite options - I find it a tad odd as there's only one suite variation listed on the hotel website and on travel services.

I'm very familiar with the city - let me know if you have any city questions. I'll also note that if you do pick the Godfrey, there's a nice Whole Foods literally a couple of short blocks away.

Any idea why the different prices for what appear to be the same room type?

Probably some internal classification... high floor, view, corner room, etc.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Seeing prices a couple of dollars higher today. If this listing is of interest, I think the concern becomes inventory on the suites. This may not happen, but there is always the possibility that the suite options may disappear and the regular rooms are left.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

I didn't pull the trigger as I was hoping for something a bit cheaper.  There is now a new listing which I think is the Hyatt Regency which isn't as highly rated but a much better price.  Do you agree with my guess?

9/18-21

4* - MIllenium Park

Rated 8.0 - Guest Favorite

$207/night

Amenities - Business Center, Fitness Center, Free Internet

After perusing the board a bit more, I was confident enough that was the Hyatt Regency that I went ahead and booked it (through the PRICELINE EXPRESS link here).  We'll try to request rooms with 2 queen beds, but I did confirm they offer rollaway beds for $25/night which would be fine for our kids.  Thanks for he assistance in the process!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]