Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Le Meridien San Francisco

charris83
By charris83,
in

Been lurking on these forums for a while, and now that I'm starting to lock in some plans I figure it's a good time to post ;)

Family will be spending Christmas in Tahoe and figured even though it'll be winter, I can't pass on a chance to see San Francisco since I'm never out west.

It will be just 2 of us and right now the plan is for 3 nights, Dec 17th-19th. Ideally I'd like to keep it below $150/night incl taxes for a 3.5 - 4 star. I'm thinking USE, Fin District, and Fishermans Wharf seem like good options. I might be jumping the gun here being that the trip is 4 months away but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get some opinions on how far out I should bid and what price I'm looking at in December.

Thanks so much for any help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You budget looks doable when looking at the current rates.

But I would suggest that you take a look at HOTWIRE. They currently have some deals there.

I can see a 4*/$114 in the Financial District - Embarcadero zone. I believe this is the Hyatt Regency San Francisco or Le Meridien San Francisco.

Would that work for you?

Or would you like to give PRICELINE a try?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

It comes down to what is most important to you for this stay... if you want the lowest possible and able to accept any hotel in the zone(s) that you bid at the star rating (or higher) that you choose, then bidding thru PRICELINE will usually result in the lowest price.

If you would like to have a guess as to the hotel you may receive before your purchase then HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS are better options.

Which of the above would be your goal for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is your budget 3.5* vs. 4*?

Would you like to try your max budget for a 4* first or try to get the least expensive 3.5*

And the zones you would like to include are Fishermans Wharf, USE and Financial District?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Yellowdog.

Since a 4* seems to be well within your budget (assuming you're still looking to bid USE, Financial, and Fishermans Wharf) i have provided a 4* bidding strategy below:

When bidding 4* in the San Francisco region you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Financial and USE...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial and Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial, USE, Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115 (still a little cheaper than the HOTWIRE deal at $114 due to lower taxes/fees)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this property and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]