Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (La Jolla) Hotel La Jolla a Kimpton Hotel

meechelw
By meechelw,
in

Hi! I am looking to stay in La Jolla for two nights on 11/21 through 11/23. I want to get Hotel La Jolla and saw someone did recently. My question is, do you think one of these two is it? If not, which are they?

4 star for $108 with Business center, Fitness center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Tennis Nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired - it is 85% recommended.

4 star for $117 with Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Near beach, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), and Smoke-free rooms - it is 90% recommended.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Michelle

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

4 star for $117

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities.

This is what I see when replicating your search,

Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa

...If this is what you see would my guess be Hotel La Jolla.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

PS. For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:
1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our Bidding.Helper and click the green 'See All Amenities' button
OR
2) search HOT.WIRE (or use the HOT.WIRE tab at Bidding.Helper) and...

· click the offer
·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Rates can change at any time... or this hotel could disappear entirely from the results.

Nobody can say if the next move for this hotel is for rates to come back down, more higher, or disappear entirely... if you like/want this hotel, and you're pleased with the current rate (vs. the $189/nite this hotel is selling for thru 'regular' retail channels) i would suggest locking it in now since it is still a very nice discount vs. a traditionally booked room.

I'm also see what looks like the Hilton Torrey Pines which i believe is this 4 star La Jolla hotel for $85/nite with: Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Business Center, Fitness Center... should this be any interest at this price point.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Gotcha. So I have to stalk hotwire basically :ph34r: I would definitely take the Hilton but we are staying in La Jolla for our wedding and want to be closer to the center of the city! Boo. Haha.

I noticed when I put in 2 guests/1 room and then 4 guests/1 room things changed too - is that based on king versus queen bed avaliability? Oye!

I see a 4-star 85% recommended hotel for $100, regularly $204, with these amenities: Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower. Do you know what this might be?

My problem with the 2 guest - 4 guest thing is that my sisters will be staying with me one night and then it'll just be my husband and I the next night. I was hoping to just win the room and then call the hotel to debate the 1 King / 2 Queen bed thing since they are the same price. They would let me switch from one to the other right??

I was hoping to just win the room and then call the hotel to debate the 1 King / 2 Queen bed thing since they are the same price. They would let me switch from one to the other right??

Not necessarily... plus i'm not 100% certain which hotel you're referring to or what you're asking:

HOTWIRE guarantees that the room will accommodate the number of guests you include in your search. If you book for double occupancy, this gives the hotel flexibility in selling their other rooms to other guests (at a higher cost) who have specific bed configuration needs. So your reservation can be booked 'run of house' (ie- assigned at check-in based upon availability) while giving the hotel flexibility in terms of meeting other guests' specific needs.

For example, let's say there are two hotel rooms left:

1 room with 1 King Bed

1 room with 2 Queen Beds

--> one of these rooms is to be assigned to you (but not yet specified which one you will get). If another user needs and wants to specifically book the King bed room, the hotel can accommodate them and assign you the 2 Queen bedded room.... as well, if somebody wants to specifically book the 2 Queen room the hotel can accommodate them by assigning you to the King bed room. If they per-assign you one of these rooms, then they may have to turn away a full priced paying customer who is willing to pay full for their specific bed type. By making your reservation flexible, it gives the hotel more ability to accommodate other full priced guests, which enables them to offer a deeper discount on your own room.

Furthermore, what if the hotel has assigned you a King bed room and upon check-in there are no more rooms with 2 Queen beds... they wouldn't have a queen bed room to give you even if they wanted to.

Lastly, i'm not sure which hotel you're referring to where the price is the same for the 2 Queen room vs. 1 King, but some hotels do charge more for rooms with two beds and/or rooms with more than double occupancy.

Now of course you may book for two people and the hotel is more than willing to accommodate your request for a specific bed type, but we always feel it's more important to know the risks of what can go wrong so that you can make the best decision for your given situation.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand! I was referring to the Hotel La Jolla!

I see a 4-star 85% recommended hotel for $100, regularly $204, with these amenities: Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower. Do you know what this might be?

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]