Priceline Hotel: chicago 8/8- 8/11 magnificent mile area

sfowler2003
By sfowler2003,
in

this is my first post and would like help with a Chicago hotel....I couldn't get full amenities to copy so I have included all I can

2 kids 2 adults 8/8 - 8/11

I'm showing......

3.5* - $209 .....free internet, indoor pool, fitness ctr, restaurants, business ctr, self-service laundry, all handicap verbage

4.0* - $202.....boutique, fitness ctr, restaurants, bus ctr, internet, smoke free, all handicap verbage, 90 recommend

4.5* - 259.....pet friendly, indoor pool, bus ctr, restaurants, fitness ctr, internet access, pools, smoke free, handicap verbage, 85% recomment

thanks for the help - it will be our first time in Chicago

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Below i have listed the full amenity set i'm seeing for each when i currently replicate your search, as well as my best guess for each (assuming you confirm you're seeing the same amenity set):

3.5* Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

--> Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza

4* Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

--> Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection

4.5* Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

--> InterContinental Chicago

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

what about your advice on the magnificent mile - water tower area

4.0* - $238 - pet friendly, boutique, smoke-free, fitness, restaurant, business ctr, golf and tennis nearby, spa, handicap verbage

4.0* - $213 - boutique, fitness, restaurant, internet, in room accessibility, accessible bathroom, roll-in shower

thanks!

would like help with a hotel in magnificent mile area 2 ad 2 kids 8/8 - 8/11 - this is my first post in this board

here is what I am seeing for express deals - can anyone help determine what these are and offer any suggestions on a way to get something under $200

3* - $139 - business ctr,, free internet, fitness center

3.5* - $178 - business ctr, free internet, restaurant, pool, fitness

4.0* - 161 - business ctr, restaurant, free internet, fitness center

4.5* - 218 - pets, business ctr, restaurant, pool, fitness ctr

if it says "bed choice available" does that mean we can request two queens instead of the usual 1 king

thank you all so much!

To try and focus the search, are you interested in both a 3* and 4.5*? The 4.5* is above your desired budget.

I'm quite familiar with the area and would be happy to suggest options if you let me know more about what you are looking for exactly in terms of hotel.

Please keep all posts for this stay within this thread - thank you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

A few thoughts:

Navy Pier is arguably one of the more widely known attractions in Chicago and there are some positives (views, a stained glass museum), but it's otherwise very much a tourist trap. Millennium Park (especially the Lurie Garden) and Lincoln Park Zoo (the Peggy Notabert Museum and Old Town are nearby) are better options. If you do go to the Shedd, go early - I don't think it's as enjoyable in the Summer when it's crowded.

The first night looks noticeably more expensive when viewed separately. Would you be against splitting the stay? Or is there any way you could move your plans up one day? 8/9-12 is noticeably cheaper than 8/8-8/11 - 8/9-12 has a number of 4/4.5* options for around $130-150 vs 8/8-8/11 looking more around the $180-200+ range.

The first night looks noticeably more expensive when viewed separately. Would you be against splitting the stay? Or is there any way you could move your plans up one day? 8/9-12 is noticeably cheaper than 8/8-8/11 - 8/9-12 has a number of 4/4.5* options for around $130-150 vs 8/8-8/11 looking more around the $180-200+ range.

I'm seeing a 3.5* in the River North-NMA area on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $195 w/bed choice. One of the bed choice options is 2 beds w/Skyline view. This is likely the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza. There is a 2 doubles option for $185, but the Skyline view is only $10 more. This is a property right on the river on the top half of a building, so some rooms do offer river views and the hotel bar/restaurant off to the side of check-in offers excellent river views, as well. Not the most optimal location in the SW corner of the zone, but not a bad walk to River North restaurants and the "L" train stops at the Mart Plaza, so you can take that South into the Loop or North (Lincoln Park Zoo.) If you take it South, it goes in a circle around the Loop before heading North again (at least the Brown Line train that stops at the Mart.) The nice aspect of the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza would be that it would be a very easy cab ride from Union Station/Amtrak.

There is also a 4* for $158, but it doesn't offer bed choice, so you do run the risk of getting 1 bed. The $218 4.5* has bed choice, but the first option is king bed. Two doubles is $244.

On Hot.wire, under $200 I'm seeing what looks like the Congress Hotel, which I wouldn't recommend. Other options are over $200.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]