Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Belvedere Hotel

lukelegend
By lukelegend,
in

Can anyone please help me identify the following hotel:

Dates: March 17th - March 27th 2016

4* Times Square - Theatre District area hotel for $154.00

FULL AMENITIES: Business center, Internet access, self service laundry, fitness centre, restaurants, smoke free rooms

Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel

85% recommended

Many thanks

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, the Belvedere Hotel, upgraded to the 4* level since the last time it was reported to the board, would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are correct, that is what it lists in the next screen.

Would you recommend this hotel?

I was also thinking this one in hells kitchen area, but not sure on the hotel or area, we would like to do all the touristy things.

Which area would be better for us? We have 2 Children 7 & 11 Year Olds.

Would you know what this hotel would be?

Area = Hells Kitchen

Star rating = 4.5

95% recommended

Price $148 per night

Dates Mar 17 2016 - Mar 27 2016

Amenities = Free Internet, Fitness Center,Business Center, Accessible Path of Travel, Accessible Bathroom, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s) , Internet Access, In-room Accessibility, Roll in Shower

Many Thanks

The Hell's Kitchen area is a little out-of-the-way, although it does contain the Intrepid Air/Space Museum, which I'd highly recommend.

The 4.5* Madison West-Hell's Kitchen would be a possible match for the Tryp Times Square South. If the Tryp, that wouldn't be a bad option at all - gets great reviews.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Are you ready to commit to this trip at this point in time?

I'm very familiar with the city so if you let us know any needs you have for this trip and your maximum budget per nite (before fees/taxes) i will offer what i believe to be the best options (and in the post please remind me that you're searching for 2adults/2children as this usually has an effect on pricing and availability in NYC). HOWEVER, if you're not yet ready to commit to this stay 6+ months in advance please wait until you're ready to move forward as the hotels currently available (and the prices) may not be the same ones offered once you're ready to commit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks so much, that would be awesome, I'm ready to book now, I was actually going to do it now but just saw your post.

I think it would be better to book now rather than wait as the prices around that time might go up?? what do you think?

I know it is around Easter and spring break times.

So we are looking to stay from the 17th - 27th March 2016 (10 nights) with 2 adults and 2 kids under 12 year old.

Thanks so much and look forward to you reply :)

The slowest period of the year is January and February. Once you get to mid-March, it gets a little bit busier. The other issue is the 10 day stay, which may be no issue, but given how NYC is, it does at times get more difficult to find a deal for that many days together.

You do have a ways out and this isn't the busiest period so you can wait, but I would keep in mind a realistic floor and the idea that rates can potentially go higher.

You can get alerts when rates go lower via our free RateDrop.com service.

What is your target budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this stay? What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept?

Hi,

We were thinking 3 stars minimum, but could go lower if it was ok and recommended.

Just need a good area for tourists to see all the sights and get around etc.

Many thanks for your help

what about this hotel I just found on Hotwire in times square -Theatre District, any idea what it is?

Mar 17 2016 - Mar 27 2016

$125 Per Night

2.5 *

90% recommended (favourite) (Love It)

Free Breakfast, Business Centre, Smoke Free Rooms, In-Room Accessibility

What is your target budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this stay?

???

I'm very familiar with NYC so if you let us know your maximum budget for a room that can accommodate 2adults/2children we can suggest the best option(s) for your trip.

In NYC we suggest shooting for the highest star rated hotel that is within your budget, as there can be a big variation in quality at the lower rated properties... you could potentially get something that is a diamond in the rough and works fine for your needs, but you could also get something that makes you loath returning to your hotel at the end of the day and wish you spent a little more.

The Belvedere would not be a bad choice. Keep in mind when reading reviews in NYC that regular rates are often extremely expensive, creating expectations that cannot be met. If there are serious issues mentioned in the reviews that's one thing, but I wouldn't put quite as much focus on it if the complaints are more basic.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

The Belvedere has an excellent location near multiple subway lines.

There are plenty of restaurants (both inexpensive (by NYC standards) and expensive) nearby on Ninth Ave, but i wouldn't focus too much on this aspect since it's easy enough to get around the city via mass transit, and often you may be eating lunch/dinner wherever your activities take you at that time of day. Once you get settled with a hotel i can mention some of the better lower-end priced places that i'm familiar with.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Well I have just booked it through your link and it was the Belvedere Hotel :)

We are staying from march 17th to march 26th (9 nights) total price was $1816.26USD Inc Taxes

now to find accommodation in Washington, Niagara Falls and Disney World...

thanks again for all you help, I'll be in the Washington dc forum searching for more deals,

Any help on New York info would be great 

many thanks :)

Given your stay is for 7+ days i would recommend getting an unlimited metrocard as it will help you get around the city via mass transit quickly and easily... and also doesn't make you think twice about whether you should spend the money on a ride for a short distance. Depending upon your plans you may not want to use it the first day in the city (if you arrive late in the evening or don't think you'll be venturing too far on that initial day)

Cheap eats near your hotel:

This hotel is right around the corner from the famous NYC Chicken and Rice Food Cart if you're want to try some of the local 'street meat'. You want the cart that is there late nite (7:30pm-4am) on the SW corner of 53rd St and Sixth Ave... a nice dose of white sauce and use the hot sauce very sparingly as it's EXTREMELY HOT. Best $6 dinner you'll find in the city, and even if you're not interested in trying it, it's worth the walk over to check out the 'scene' as there is almost always a long line surrounding the cart. (kids can easily split one... no hot sauce for them!)

A bit of walk (15 minutes) but worth a stop at least one day of your trip (maybe two??) is this place for breakfast:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (on 35th St between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)

--> if you can't snag one of the few tables or a seat by the counter, then take you breakfast towards Sixth Avenue to see if there are any open tables on the street (which is closed off) in front of Macy's. If that too is full then walk to Times Square and sit on the bleachers behind the TKTS booth and have breakfast while you people watch with a view you can't get anywhere else in the world.

When heading east another good breakfast stop:

Ess-a-bagel

831 3rd Ave (on Third Ave between 50th St and 51st St)

Blockheads Burritos

322 W 50th St (a little hard to find tucked into a courtard slightly off the street, between 49th and 50th St and between Eighth Ave and Ninth Ave (look at a map before going so you have an idea of what to look for OR ask somebody when in the area... entrance to the courtyard area is from 49th or 50th st... if on 49th look for the Starbucks, then walk thru the courtyard torwards 50th St)

--> nothing fancy but very reasonably priced mexican food.... excellent frozen margaritas

Arriba Arriba

762 Ninth Ave (between 51st and 52nd)

--> tight quarters, again reasonably priced (by NYC standards) mexican food... excellent frozen margaritas

Further from your hotel but worth planning around (imo):

John's Pizza

278 Bleecker St (go to this original location... not the Times Square location. NOTE: cash only)

Adrienne's Pizzabar

54 Stone St

--> a little pricier then others but an excellent 'grandma style pie' (which is what you should stick with here) and reasonably priced (by NYC standards) for the quality of ingredients used

Jackson Hole Wyoming

521 3rd Ave (on Third Ave between 34th St and 35th St (but very close to 35th St)

--> juicy, and monster, burgers

Chinatown

--> inexpensive by NYC standards. Wo Hop on Mott St. one of the most popular and well known places

Lastly:

Walk along Ninth Ave (from 52nd St or so and south) and you'll find plenty of restaurants of all varieties and price points, especially quite a few Thai restaurants which have opened in this immediate area (around 47th St or so)

If there is a particular food you're looking for let me know and i'll try to make a suggestion, and i'm sure NYC will have it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]