Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Loop - Theater District) Crowne Plaza Metro

wagnew09
By wagnew09,
in

At the 3* level, I'd suggest focusing on the River North-NMA area. Unfortunately, I do think that it may take up towards the top of your desired budget range or slightly over ($85-105), but you do have some time and I'd say to work higher by $5's. There is what appears to be the Allerton (older property but great location) for $114 on Hot.wire.

Please keep us updated and let us know your thoughts.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Since I am arriving by train late at night I prefer some place I can easily walk to. I love walking in Chicago at night it makes me feel alive. I think next round I will bid at 75 and select 5 star and then rebid at $5 increments down to 3* or until I get one. I am willing to go up to $110. There is a 2.5* that is quick deal on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $100. but I cannot figure out which Hotel it is. My one suspect is that it is the Chicago Plaza Hotel, which has less than stellar reviews. How much can you save with Bidding vs Express Deals?

For my Price Range how far out would McCormick place put me out from Union Station.

I can tell you that AaronJB will advise you to not consider McCormick as it's not a convenient zone unless you're looking to attend a conference.

I think next round I will bid at 75 and select 5 star and then rebid at $5 increments down to 3* or until I get one. I am willing to go up to $110.

I'm not sure of your exact plan but i don't think i like the approach... not do i think that a 2.5* hotel on PRICELINE EXPRESS at $100 is a good option if you can likely get a 3.5* or 4 for $110-$125 in a nearby zone.

Is the Loop zone also acceptable?

Please confirm the zone(s) you're willing to accept and your maximum bid at each star rating, we will then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You do not want to stay by McCormick - there's little around it. Staying there is really suited for convention-goers, it's highly inconvenient from a tourist perspective. I wouldn't recommend the Congress, either. Bidding is generally slightly-to-moderately less tha PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals - there is no "standard" discount vs Express Deals, it varies.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions before bidding.

The Loop or the North Michigan Avenue would be good. A big key is easy access to light rail or the Metra to get to where I need to go in the city. I plan to visit the Navy Pier, which I usually walk to and also Second City which I take a cab. I will also be visiting a friend in Andersonville. 

For help identifying hotels, in addition to the star rating, zone, and room rate per nite, please also include the full list of amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the offer.

NOTE that to see the complete amenities associated with each you will need to do the following:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
If you're still interested in the 3* hotel above please provide the amenities and we will have a look.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

According to bidding helper these are the ammenities for the Hotwire.com hotel that is in the theater district 3* for $103 a night for August 28th to August 30th

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

It also have a 90% approval rating and the listing shows that it is 54% off.

I thought I was a travel wizard but I see now I have much to learn.

According to bidding helper these are the ammenities for the Hotwire.com hotel that is in the theater district 3* for $103 a night for August 28th to August 30th

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

It also have a 90% approval rating and the listing shows that it is 54% off.

I thought I was a travel wizard but I see now I have much to learn.

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for? Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

I bid on Priceline up to $85 and no luck.

For what zone(s) and star rating did you bid?

Yellowdog.

Ok last questions I promise

1. Which Hotel is this

This is from Hotwire and it is 4.5*'s

$126

Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area

Show map

95% recommended

44 bookings in last 24 hours

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2. At this time should I get aggressive and take what I can get or wait.

Ok last questions I promise

1. Which Hotel is this

This is from Hotwire and it is 4.5*'s

$126

Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area

Show map

95% recommended

44 bookings in last 24 hours

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2. At this time should I get aggressive and take what I can get or wait.

This would likely be the Blackstone Renaissance, which puts you at the very bottom end of that zone so if you are going to be spending a lot of time on Michigan Ave, it's a trek. There isn't a ton around the hotel, but there is a Red Line subway station right nearby. Not the most optimal location from a tourist standpoint but a good price.

This is in the Theater District. DOS 8/28/2015 - 8/30/2015

For $121 4* hotel following ammenities

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I need help identifying the hotel

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]