nikkidee
By nikkidee,
in

Hi. We are travelling to San Francisco 8.21-8.24

We would like to stay in either

Nob Hill

Fishermans Wharf or

Financial District

Ideally, we'd like to spend $150 or less. And like to be in a 3/3.5 or better hotel.

We have never used priceline before - always hotwire. so we are comfortable with not knowing your hotel when you book - but I am not 100% sure on where to start my bidding. Any and all help is appreciated :o)

Thanks!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few questions to get started...

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

So we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher then you're willing to pay, is your $150 your bid price or your all-in (including taxes/fees) price?

Let us know the information above and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have a chance but i think your budget may fall short by $10-$20/nite, but we can start with $150 and take it from there...

When bidding 3* in San Francisco you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* USE...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Fishermans Wharf...

Select 3* Financial...

Select 3* USE and Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* USE and Financial...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* USE, Fishermans Wharf, Financial...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure or new to the subject)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for your help. i will let you know how it goes.

i think the re-bid zone is Richmond. can you confirm?

also - i am in no hurry to get a room. i literally can wait until the day before we leave to book (because we have a backup plan)

is there any reason to wait to start bidding? will i increase my chance of a lower price the longer i wait?

again - thanks for the help!

i think the re-bid zone is Richmond. can you confirm?

This is correct, but double check just before you bid to make sure nothing has changed since you last checked.

is there any reason to wait to start bidding?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, but at the moment, i think your chances of success for a 3* hotel at $150 or less are low (perhaps 25%) so i would begin bidding now since if you are successful, it would be a very nice win, imo. As well, if you are not successful, you still have plenty of time to bid again.

... we have a backup plan...

Where, and how much, is your back-up plan?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]