Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Rochester Comfort Inn and Suites Rochester

Reina
By Reina,
in

I have been staying at the Kahler Grand that I won previously with a $45 bid for a 2.5*.  I need to stay on another night and can tell things are much busier here, so started with your PRICELINE links and bid $50 for 2.5* in Rochester.  No luck.  I didn't want another area of town so took a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for a 2.5* in this area for $71.  Got the Comfort Inn & Suites West - Medical Center.  Reviews are good and it is new, so am thinking this will work fine. A new one to add to your list!

Congrats on your success. :)

Nice win for this property and glad you are satisfied with the win.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

So we can complete this listing, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS showed before your purchase and associated with this property.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I can't remember what it showed but here are all the amenities for the hotel when I look at my priceline trip detail.  Hope that helps!

Brailed elevators
Bus parking
Business center
Coffee/Tea maker
Complimentary full american breakfast
Elevators
Exercise gym
Free parking
Hairdryer
Handicap rooms
Indoor pool
Iron
Meeting rooms
Non-smoking
Onsite laundry
Outdoor parking
Ramp access
Safe deposit box
Vending machines
Wireless internet connection

And here was my total:

71.00 room

17.83 taxes and fees

88.83 total

Just a note for anyone visiting the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN:

We liked both the Kahler Grand Hotel and the Comfort Inn & Suites - both 2.5* hotels in the Rochester zone.  For both of them, when we were downtown we chose to park in the Damon or Graham parking lots which were the most affordable for us at $25 for a 5 day pass.  Parked there 24/hrs a day while staying downtown and parked there for appointments when staying away.

The Kahler Grand had the following pros - immediately across the street from the Gonda/Mayo buildings, connected to the underground walking paths, right downtown in easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping, big Starbucks right in the hotel.  It has a "right in the heart of the downtown" feel.  

Cons - old hotel, smallish room and small bathroom, 3rd party bookings do not get the renovated rooms, a 2 block walk to the Damon parking or pay $17.22/day for the attached parking garage.  

The Comfort Inn & Suites opened in February 2015, large rooms and bathrooms, free parking lot, complimentary breakfast.  Cons - a 10 min drive to Mayo downtown (is in the very NW edge of the priceline Rochester zone), definitely need a car for shopping and eating.  If you have a car and like to drive, this has a more relaxed feel - although it might not be too relaxing in the winter with snow!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]