GA Atlanta Ramada Plaza Atlanta Capitol Park

phoebe
By phoebe,
in

GA Atlanta Ramada Plaza Atlanta Capitol Park

This hotel seems to get wildly differing reviews.  We won this for $58 and had no problems although we stayed during a presumably slower part of the week (Sunday through Wednesday) and also were out of our room for the greater part of each day, using it only to sleep.

The hotel offers good economical rooms.  No fridge or microwave in the rooms (these can be requested, first come first served at the front desk).  We didn't ask for either one and some have reported the hotel running out of stock or long delays until they were delivered.  Parking is $18/day with unlimited in and out.  You can get a discounted rate of $12/day if you are a Wyndham Rewards member and I was pleased when the front desk clerk volunteered to sign me up as I was checking in so I could get the cheaper rate.  I was already a member but appreciated her taking the initiative to save me some money.  She even recommended a restaurant and printed out driving directions for me.

The hotel has a small dining room and separate lounge area.  Breakfasts are not complimentary and unfortunately there is no dining in a comfortable walking distance.  The hotel does have a free shuttle that runs every half hour from 7AM until 10:30PM within a three mile radius.  The hotel is a little over a mile and a half from Centennial Park and what some would consider true downtown Atlanta although it falls within Priceline's definition of downtown.

Hotel has a good sized roof top pool and a surprisingly well stocked exercise room with machines, free weights, and even balance balls.

In closing I felt we got our money's worth but others might prefer paying more for a more central location and more consistent customer service.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]