Priceline Hotel: 4* or 3.5* Millenium and Michigan Ave 7/18-7/19

givings1
By givings1,
in

Not sure what's going on on these dates - there's a number of minor conventions. However, rates are quite high -  a 4* for this night downtown is likely going to take well over $200. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I usually suggest the North burbs - lot of restaurants and shops, as well as some sights - but if you're flying in/not driving, I'd stick to the ORD area.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Holding out for downtown since it is only one night and don't want a car.  Bumped to $146, and $136, respectively.  Long short until Friday.  Not a win.

I see what appears to be the Congress Hotel for $135 on HOTWIRE, but that's not a very good hotel at all and not something I'd recommend. Unfortunately, most other things are likely going to be over $200 or well over $200.

I see what appears to be the Congress Hotel for $135 on HOTWIRE, but that's not a very good hotel at all and not something I'd recommend. Unfortunately, most other things are likely going to be over $200 or well over $200.

Good deal on hotwire at Hyatt at McCormick.  Not the location I want, but will do it for $148 if no luck elsewhere.  Just bid $166 4*, and $151 for a 31/2* with no luck.

Would really not bid 3.5* in this zone. The Hyatt McCormick would not be a good location but would be okay, the Marriott Medical (3.5*) would not be a good location at all. 

Yes thanks. I did not.  Still holding out for North.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]