Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (McCormick Place - Medical District) Hyatt Regency Mccormick Place

tk86
By tk86,
in

Hi Guys!

New member over here and I was looking for some expert advice!

I am traveling to Chicago for the first time - July 17 to July 19.  Due to my limited to stay period, I wanted to maximize my time and stay in the downtown core.  I read a lot of good things about Mag Mile or River North.  Anyone in Chicago this time period and got a great deal for accommodation?

I really wanted to stay at the Trump, but its costing a lot.  I am looking for 5* Hotel in Mag Mile or River North and had a budget for 300$ per night (MAX).  Any advice?  I keep getting declined on Price.line and Hot.wire is pricey. 

Was looking for some help for 5* before looking at stars below that for my dates.

Thanks in advance!

TK

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, a 5* looks like it will take over $300 for these dates, but there are some deals within your budget at the 4.5* level.

I'm seeing a 4.5* on Hot.wire in Mag Mile N-WT for $239 (showed at $270, but declined to $239 when I clicked on it - you may see slightly different #'s) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower.

-- That amenity set would be a possible match for the Sofitel. If so, great hotel/fantastic location.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any hotel (or Chicago) questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

...and please read your messages before replying. (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Also, how high you have already bid for a 5* hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey Guys.

Thank you for your responses.

I wasn't winning any bids on PRICELINE at Mag Mile for hotels within my budget for 5Star or 4.5Star.  I was looking to spend max $300USD.  I am Canadian and the website is quoting USD so anything above that was hitting my wallet a bit hard with the conversion.  I realized the prices for 4Star at Mag Mile wasn't worth it.  

I ended up changing my location to McCormick for better value and did a bid via PRICELINE for $125 and won.  The hotel I won is Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (4Star).  I saved about 50% comparing to what the hotel charging.  I was reading McCormick details, it was closeby China Town, Little Italy etc so I thought I would have great food options.  If you guys recommend any fancy dining spots, please do let me know, especially any steakhouses.

It will be my first time in Chicago, if anyone knows how to best spend my weekend visit, please do send a message.

Thanks everyone!

TK

Congratulations on your success!

To confirm, you won for $125/nite US or CAD?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. This zone is a bit out of the way from 'downtown' but with your savings you'll have a bit left over for a few cab rides... i'm sure AaronJB will be able to offer some suggestions how to best make this zone work.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is really nothing right around this property aside from McCormick Place. There is the Metra station right there, so you can take the Metra North to Millennium Park and then go from there. I don't generally recommend this zone (and at lower star ratings you can really end up in a not great location from a tourist standpoint), but if you got it for $125USD, that's not bad.

I wouldn't walk to/from this hotel to Chinatown. One kind of "outside the box" suggestion - if you want to go to Chinatown - you can take the Water Taxi from downtown to Chinatown and then take a taxi back from Chinatown. 

Steakhouses - Gene and Georgetti (http://geneandgeorgetti.com/) for a solid old school option, bavette's bar & boeuf (http://www.yelp.com/biz/bavettes-bar-and-boeuf-chicago) is quite good and Gibsons (http://www.yelp.com/biz/gibsons-bar-and-steakhouse-chicago), which is seen often on the FX show, "The League".

Let me know if you have any other city questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]