Priceline Hotel: 5* in NYC, 2 adults, 1 child for max 250 usd/night; possible in may 2016?

klavier_girl
By klavier_girl,
in

Hi all,

I am a visitor from the netherlands and we booked already our (2 Adults, 1 9 y.o) plane tickets to NYC for may 28-june 3rd, 2016. I would like to split our stay in 2: 3 nights I was thinking to stay in Times Square and I am looking for suggestions for a 2nd area where we could stay for another 3 nights, close to shopping areas, museums (MoMa)?

Our budget is max 250 usd per night and we'd like to get a nice 5* hotel, ideally with a swimming pool. Would this be possible with this budget?

I was thinking of booking on a "normal'site a hotel for our dates, cancellable and try to bid from dec.2015, any suggestions as to what strategy should I have?

My first and only experience with priceline was this year in January when I booked a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for Seattle in september and I got Westin at 100 eur. per night. I have thus a positive experience with early bidding, but any idea, tip is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you do not want to bid until December, then the plan as to how to bid really is something to be done more towards December as inventory/pricing for this period can change considerably between now and December.

If you want a pool, I would suggest looking on Hot.wire or PRICELINE EXPRESS for a hotel listing with pool rather than bidding. Also, with Hot.wire you can indicate the amount of people which should guarantee some form of bedding for the entire party. Or - with PRICELINE EXPRESS you can look for a listing with bed choice.  With bidding, you cannot guarantee bed type and getting more than 1 bed via bidding in NYC is very unlikely.

Please keep us updated and let us know your thoughts on the above.

Priceline..hotwire

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

I would like to split our stay in 2: 3 nights...

Unless there is a price advantage to doing so... why SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

...ideally with a swimming pool.

There are very few hotels in NYC with Pools (a few do, but they are far and few between)... and i'm sure you didn't travel all the way from The Netherlands to NYC so that you can go swimming. ;) If you happen to land a hotel with a pool then by all means take advantage of it if you want, but i wouldn't put this at the top of your priorities, as there is enough to do in NYC that you won't be bored and likely won't miss not having a pool

I was thinking of booking on a "normal'site a hotel for our dates, cancellable and try to bid from dec.2015...

You can use our sister site RefundableRates.com to find a suitable back-up hotel. As far as bidding... why wait? If a good deal is available now why not take it, as it may not be available come December (or thereafter). As long as you don't overbid, and keep your bids at a level that would still be considered to be a 'good deal', then why not start now?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/questions/comments on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you for your replies. I am following already the deals and indeed, if there is a reasonable one , there is no reason not to book already.

I would like a pool because I can negotiate easier with my kid : we go now to a museum and afterwards you and daddy can go for a swim :-). Personally, I do not plan to swim at all!!

I will get back to you when I need more help, thank you so much

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

2x

... please read your messages before replying.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]