Priceline Hotel: 4* hotel in Loop or N. Michigan River North 7/10-7/12

chicagoweekender
By chicagoweekender,
in

Bidding on priceline for a 4* hotel in Loop or N. Michigan River North dates 7/10-7/12. I bid up to $125 per night with no success. In the past I always got a room here for like $80-$90. What gives man? Any tips on what I will need to pay for a 4* or above? How much will I get a 3* for? Would I be better off trying again tomorrow (day of check in)?

Please help! 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Sharing any prior wins would be greatly appreciated as the information can still help others.

As for $80-90, rates vary with seasons and from day-to-day due to conventions, events and other factors.  In this case, if you look on the convention calendar, there's a 23,000 person convention starting on the 12th, so people are going to be coming on the night of the 11th. 

Unfortunately, for a 4* you're probably looking at closer to $170-185 in either of the two main downtown areas.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]