Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago

Bebenedini
By Bebenedini,
in

Hi,

After the success bidding for a the NY hotel, I need now a Chicago Hotel for the dates 08/02 - 08/05

I've found this 3,5* Hotel at Hotwire for $116/night (50% off) with business center, fitness center, free internet, golf nearby, pet friendly and restaurant.

Any clue what hotel is this?

This time I would try not to exceed the U$115/night rate. Any chance to get some good hotel at The Loop or River North areas?

Thanks again.

The 4.5* McCormick would likely be the Hyatt. That is a nice hotel, but it's a terrible location from a tourist perspective. There's little around the hotel, as well.

For the first listing, if you click on the listing, then click "book now", then click "see all amenities", do you see more than what is listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

This offer is not available anymore. Or the price dropped: now is U$115/night

See below all the information at Hotwire:

3,5 * Chicago Loop - Theater District

90% recommended

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

Golf nearby

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

The 3.5* would be a possible match for the Crowne Plaza Metro, which would be inconvenient - only in another direction. While the Hyatt McCormick is a ways South, the Crowne Plaza is just to the West of the Loop.

I'm seeing a 3.5* for $125 in the Mag Mile N-WT area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- This would likely be the Indigo. The Gold Coast area it's in is terrific, with a lot of restaurants and nightlife. Easy walk to the top end of the North Michigan Ave area plus a bit of a trek (but a very pretty one) to Lincoln Park Zoo/Old Town.

There's also a 4* in the Mag Mile N-WT zone w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $124.

- Not yet ID'd/reported to the board, but possibly a new amenity set for Westin Michigan Ave or Millennium Knickerbocker.

Being in the Mag Mile N-WT zone would be a positive from the standpoint of a lot going on later at night, more restaurants and more generally going on, especially on the weekend. You're checking in on a Sunday and parts of the Loop (especially the West portion) are quiet at night and on the weekends (especially Sunday.)

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks again for all the information! It helped a lot to know about the location of these hotels indentified.

I'd rather pay a lower price in Chicago and I just saw an offer at Priceline Express Deal. There is not much information but it is at north Michigan avenue - river north area , 3*, business and fitness center only is shown as the amenities.

The price is $97, almost the same price I have reserved for Days Inn (that I would like to chance due to the location - please correct me if I'm wrong but once it is my first time in Chicago I would prefer to be closer to the touristic points).

Any clue of what hotel is this one?

I just saw an offer at Priceline Express Deal. There is not much information but it is at north Michigan avenue - river north area , 3*, business and fitness center only is shown as the amenities.

Best guess would be Inn Of Chicago, An Ascend Collection Hotel.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Yellowdog.

The Inn of Chicago gets somewhat mixed reviews, but location couldn't be better.  The Days Inn (I'm guessing you mean the one in Lincoln Park) is in an area you should consider visiting, but the Inn of Chicago is an example of a really central, convenient downtown location.

I decided to offer at the Price.line bidding something similar to the price I have reserved at Days Inn.

I used a similar strategy you suggest and had to go up to U$114 and got the Warwick Allerton. (The same hotel is at $150 at Hotels.com).

I guess it was a good solution once now I am closer to River North.

Thanks again for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]