Priceline Hotel: Copley Square - Back Bay Area Hotel

chiguy613
By chiguy613,
in

I am going to Boston arriving 7-18 leaving 7-20 and found a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on priceline for $230, I am looking to stay in the Copley sq area.

Amenities for express deal include:

Pets allowed

Free Internet

Business center

Fitness center

Restaurant

Bed Choice available

Guest rating is 9+

I've searched priceline for above and rating and it looks like it would be the Loews hotel which is $339+ a night right now to book.  

Would anyone advice NYOP for even lower for a 4 start or similar price for a 4.5 star?  $230 would be a great deal for Lowes, but just wondering if there is any advice since this is my first time, thanks!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would agree that this PRICELINE EXPRESS option is likely the Loews.

Whether to take this offer depends how much you like this specific hotel offered and the certainty of a well reviewed hotel (as evidenced by the 9.0+ user review rating of this offer)

If you were to bid for any hotel in the zone... how much savings vs. the $230/nite rate of this 'known' hotel (or at least known that it has an excellent rating)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes, and we will try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed with Loews in other cities and always have had a great experience.  The price point and location are great, just that underlying feeling I'm hoping it's Loews:)

In the Copley sq area, the only 4.5 star I can find is the Fairmont.  Had a thought of trying out the NYOP for the 4.5 star to see if I can get the same price as the Express Deal or close to it.

The 4 star suggested price was $230, I guess no harm in starting there or above for the 4.5 star?

I *just* posted this on the Hotwire side. I am looking for the same weekend, and also in Copley Sq.

I got the Westin for $176 for the first night, and I can extend it one night for $225 (not sure whether I'm going to do the extension). Saturday night is quite a bit more expensive than Friday night, for some reason.

So, you could get the Westin for an average of $200/night if you want. I have not stayed at the Loews, but I really like the Westin. Oh, and I was booking for 2 adults/1 child to be sure of two beds. I think it's a few bucks cheaper if you just search for 2 adults.

Oh -- and enjoy the weekend!

Here is a link to crito's Hotwire Boston win.

Note that his/her win was for 7/17 so may not necessarily be available for your complete stay. As well, i just searched for the solo nite of 7/18 and the same hotel won is now priced at $222 for that nite, so rates may have risen a little since that win (even though it was just purchased last nite)

I am seeing what appears to be the Westin for the first nite of your stay 7/18 at $210/nite... but $259/nite for the 2nd nite of your stay (7/19); so you may not be able to replicate crito's win given the slightly different dates. Searching both nites together shows the Westin at $270/nite (i know, doesn't make sense based upon the two previous searches, but sometimes strange things like that happen)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress/decision or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for clarifying!  I narrowed down that search on Hotwire and did find that 18th-19th for $210, but I will be arriving the 18th and leaving the 20th.

I think for my next move, I may try to NYOP and go with a 4.5 or 5 star and try a lowball offer, failing that, I would definitely go with the Loews deal as it's still up.

The 5 star median retail is $474 (only 5 star hotel is Mandarin and lists for $635) and the 4.5 star median retail is $404 (only 4.5 star hotel is Fairmont and lists for $404).

If I were to choose 4 start on the NYOP, the suggested price Priceline gives is $230.  Any advice on price points to start bidding on the 4.5 or 5 star?

The 'suggested' price shown by PRICELINE is generally meaningless.... we can suggest a strategy for you to try for a 4.5* or 5*, but so we don't go higher than you're willing to pay, what would be your maximum bid for each star rating?

Let us know the information above and we will advise accordingly.

With prices quite a bit higher right now for all the hotels in that area, I think the $230 is a good deal for the express deal.  The most I would probably go is up to $250 for either, but mainly thinking the 5 star for that.

I also read sometimes waiting closer to the date staying you may get the best deal out of all though, is that true?  Don't want to wait too long and end up with a dud either.

When bidding 5* in Boston you have FIFTEEN re-bid zones... at the 4.5* level you have FOURTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

If you want to give it a shot, i would bid as follows:

Select 5* Copley...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $243, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $248, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250

If the above is rejected close the browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and repeat at the 4.5* level.

If that too is rejected take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (if you'd like)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I have been looking this weekend and found one on Hot.wire for July 18-20th in the 

Originally $399 now $163 a night

4.5 star

Amenities include:

Business Center

Internet access

Self-Service laundry

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Indoor pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Spa Services

95% recommended.  I feel like hotwire is harder to narrow down, any ideas on which hotel this may be?

Thanks!

The Westin Copley Place would be my best guess for this HOTWIRE offer.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

That was my thought as well.  

I see Hot.wire has some pretty good deals for the Hot Rate hotels, it just shows the star and the original price/sale price.  I'm just curious if it shows it's a 5 star hotel in the Copley area, the only hotel that meets that criteria is the Mandarin in that area.  Is it safe to say it was probably that hotel or does Hot.wire use a different star system than PRICELINE/other places?

All hotel companies use their own criteria to assign star rating to hotels... unfortunately there is no standard in the industry.

Note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered.

If the 5* hotel you're seeing is within your budget and you'd like assistance with that offer please include the full details of the listing (star rating, zone, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and full amenity set associated with the offer)

There is currently one on Hot.wire Hot Rate hotels that I'm looking at and trying to figure out which one it is for:

Copley Square - Back Bay area hotel

Jul 18-20

$344 deal (originally $499)

5 Star

Business Center

Restaurant(s)

Fitness Center

Smoke-free rooms

Internet Access

-Also noted is accessibility

85% customer reviews

Please list all of the amenities showing, including the accessible amenities.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOT.WIRE or PRICE.LINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]