Hotwire Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Rittenhouse Square) Club Quarters Philadelphia

crito
By crito,
in

The 4* was the Club Quarters, bumped up from 3.5*. I thought it was the Westin, but this will be fine. It was clearly the best value on the board, so I just decided to grab it to be sure I didn't lose it.

Free internet and some other conveniences compensate for maybe a slightly less upscale hotel.

I did use your HOTWIRE link, of course!

I needed to extend this stay for another day. Hot.wire did offer me the extension option, but the price was $119. Instead I just booked another day (night of 7/7) at what was pretty obviously the Club Quarters, using a new search, and got it for $79. The CQ said I would have to check out and then immediately check back in but I could keep the room, so that's fine.

I did use your HOTWIRE link again and the amenities were exactly the same as for my first booking: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower.

I assume this info should go in the same thread, right? It's counts as the same stay, for your purposes? Although, now the info in the sub-header is wrong -- should I edit that?

The CQ said I would have to check out and then immediately check back in but I could keep the room, so that's fine.

Remind them at check-in that you have a separate, but continuous, reservation for the additional nite and ask them to put a note in the system to block the room, this should prevent then from per-assigning the room you're in to somebody else for the additional nite. Also, although you'll need to officially check-out/check-in again, this can usually be done any time on 'switch' day so you don't have to wait inline during peak check-in/check-out times (and with the note in your folio about blocking the room if you don't make the 'switch' until after official check-out time whoever is reviewing the accounts will understand that you've got an additional nite coming)

I'll add that if you have a car (it's in a suburb of philly) this is the best cheesesteak i have ever had (expect a line/wait... and no bathroom in the place either!):

Dalessandro's Steaks

600 Wendover St

Philadelphia, PA 19128

... and if your travels take you near either these are each worth a stop (but not a long journey out of your way):

Cass's Mart Pretzel Bakery (if you're traveling thru New Jersey)

202 US-130

Riverton, NJ 08077

Center City Pretzel Co

816 Washington Ave

Philadelphia, PA 19147

** this place wholesales to many of the carts in Philly, so they have very odd hours (confirm at their website)

Monday-Friday: 12AM - 12PM

Saturday: 4AM - 12PM

Sunday: 6:30AM - 10:30AM

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I'll add that if you have a car (it's in a suburb of philly) this is the best cheesesteak i have ever had (expect a line/wait... and no bathroom in the place either!):

Dalessandro's Steaks

600 Wendover St

Philadelphia, PA 19128

... and if your travels take you near either these are each worth a stop (but not a long journey out of your way):

Cass's Mart Pretzel Bakery (if you're traveling thru New Jersey)

202 US-130

Riverton, NJ 08077

Center City Pretzel Co

816 Washington Ave

Philadelphia, PA 19147

** this place wholesales to many of the carts in Philly, so they have very odd hours (confirm at their website)

Monday-Friday: 12AM - 12PM

Saturday: 4AM - 12PM

Sunday: 6:30AM - 10:30AM

I'll be posting a new win at some point for Philadelphia, but am writing down these recommendations thereuare! Thanks for adding those to the topic; I can't wait to check them out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]