Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach - Oceanfront Collins) Surfcomber Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel

supra96-jdm
By supra96-jdm,
in

Hello,

I am new to this forum and using it to finalize my trip/hotels for my upcoming U.S. visit to Miami, Orlando and New York.

Need to figure out the 4.5* option on Priceline Express for Miami South Beach Collins avenue oceanfront with following description:

8+ review

Pets allowed

Business centre

Restaurant

Fitness centre

Also please advise for 4* option on Priceline express with following. This is also south beach Collins avenue oceanfront:

$124/night

7+ review score

Pets allowed

Restaurant

Pool

Bed choice available:

queen bed - accessible room

City view room

Oceanfront room

1 queen bed

Room assigned at check in - sleeps 2 adults

Would the 4.5* star be the Wyndham property?

Thanks,

Raza.

Best guess/comments for each:

4.5* option on PRICELINE EXPRESS for Miami South Beach Collins avenue oceanfront with following description:

--> Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach

Also please advise for 4* option on PRICELINE EXPRESS with following. This is also south beach Collins avenue oceanfront:

$124/night

--> The National Hotel

Also please advise for 4.5* offer of $89/night in downtown Miami:

--> Intercontinental Miami

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know which you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4* South Beach Central

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, but the Riviera Suites would be a guess.

3.5* South Beach Central

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, but the Impala and Essex House would be guesses with the latter being more likely of the two guesses.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hello,

I have booked Gale South beach with a free cancellation option so trying to find a better option in the time being. I wanted to get the royal palm South beach which another member here got for 26-28 July for $106 but it isn't showing up in my dates. So I want to see if I can get any better hotel through the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal under the price of what I have booked Gale South Beach for, i.e. $136 per night without taxes etc.

Thanks,

Raza.

Was the Gale South Beach thru the 'opaque' (where you don't know the name of the hotel before your purchase) side of HOTWIRE but showed a free cancellation option OR thru a different source where the name of the hotel is shown before your purchase?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I booked the gale South beach thru another website and this was around 10-12 days ago before I started looking at Priceline express or Hotwire options.. This is a backup option just in case that I don't find any better deal on Priceline or Hotwire..

So that's why need your opinion..

I want to be near the south beach area as this is my first time to Miami itself and I've heard that South beach is the place to stay... I have to go onwards to Orlando for 12 days after Miami... I will be landing in Miami after a 21 hour flight so want the hotel for our first 3 days to be really good.. Target budget is to be below $136 for which I have the Gale reserved.

Thanks!

Raza.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS i'm seeing this 4.5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront (confirm your dates on the landing page) hotel on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $130/nite:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

... best guess would be the Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach which gets good reviews and is on the beach.

I'm also seeing what appears to be the 4* Surfcomber Hotel for $130/nite:

CLICK ME (again, confirm dates on landing page):

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Both of the above get excellent reviews and good beach access... preference for either of these?

Ultimately, hotel style and other factors could lead to a hotel not being "everyone's cup of tea" - when looking at these possibilities, which most appeals to you. In terms of what you have planned for your trip, which location works best for what you have planned?

Note that the Gale is on the non-Beach side of Collins Avenue, so the the two offer a better location (and are also slightly better reviewed)

Of the Shelbourne vs the Surfcomber i don't think you can go too wrong with either... both get excellent reviews, and as AaronJB suggested above, at this level (of high reviews) i think it comes down to style and which you think will work better for your own tastes. For me i would likely take the Surfcomber simply because i have not yet tried a Kimpton property and have been wanting too (as a brand they do it 'right')... but the reviews for this Wyndham are excellent as well, so certainly no argument if you're leaning towards that one.

Again, at this high level, the difference is marginal and an argument could be made for either.

Let us know what you decide.

Good luck!

Hi,

I'm thinking of not going with the Gale South beach and would like to have following HOTWIRE hotels ID'd for quad occupancy. Please let me know ASAP because after tomorrow the Gale would charge the first night for my stay. Not going with Priceline for Miami as 3 rooms would cost more than these 2 rooms with quad occupancy..

$179 for 4.5* (2 rooms)

Oceanfront Collins avenue

Amenities:

Near beach

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Golf nearby

Tennis nearby

Accessibility Features

Accessible path of travel

4* @$156 per night for quad occupancy

Amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Beachfront hotel

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Golf nearby

Tennis nearby

80% recommended good

Please let me know asap so that I can book these rooms..

Thanks again for your help guys! Really appreciate it.

$179 for 4.5* (2 rooms)

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities

This is what I see when replicating your search,

Near Beach
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible

...If this is what you see would my guess be Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach

4* @$156 per night for quad occupancy

This is what I see,

Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Beachfront
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis

...If this is what you see would my guess be Surfcomer Miami South Beach.

Keep us updated on what you decided.

Yellowdog.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal at this well reviewed property and that this will work well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Thanks everyone!

I just realised that the savings of getting this specific deal atleast aren't that great... Even though the price was $158, Hotwire charges a 'fees' of almost $14 per room per night which makes it $172... And this same room is available on the few regular websites for $177-$180...

Anyhow, will surely research better for New York :)

But this is just for reference to fellow members ... To take the 'no name' mentioned deals only after confirming that the price benefits are substantial...

I can't get the same hotel to appear on HOTWIRE at the moment but two things to keep in mind:

1) if there is a resort fee make sure you're not including that in the HOTWIRE total but not in the 'other' total to ensure you're comparing apples-to-apples

2) when comparing to the other rates make sure you're searching for 2rooms/5adults/3children as rooms with more than double occupancy in this area usually cost more than just double occupancy, and i'm seeing current rates of $187/nite when searching for more than double occupancy.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]