Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown East) Omni Berkshire Place

maijaK
By maijaK,
in

Hotwire

4,5 star Midtown east 162 USD 8/6-8/19/2015

Full Amenities:

Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

Any idea which hotel?

Would appreciate your help :)

-Lost Finns :)

Hi!

As Im spending more and more time with this, I suppose I could use some of your experts help :)

Tried couple of times bidding on priceline hotels and got rejected every single time. So I guess my game plan is out of shape.

I would love to have four-and-a-half star hotel for my trip 8/6-8/19

Area Im trying to get is midtown east or central park south. Upper east side would do great aswell.

Ive reached my max limit 150 dollars per night.

How much deeper should I go or should I just start re-considering about areas or stars about hotels?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

NOTE that the CPS zone contains the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... would this be an acceptable outcome for this stay?

Why not the previously guessed Omni Berkshire (assuming it is still available for your dates)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your quick answer!

Omni berkshire is propably still available, but direct price has increased to 174 dollars. (4and half stars hotel both through HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, area midtown east)

Thats why I started to bid, and see if i could get it cheaper than that.

any advice on that? whats the reasonable bid? 150dollars did not go through.

Im looking for 4 and half star hotels and I thoght that Hudson is only 4* but maybe it would still be ok.

If your current gameplan is to take the $175 MTE property thru PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE, what would you be your maximum bid on PRICELINE (to save money vs. this offer, but realizing that when bidding you could receive any hotel in the zone and not necessarily be able to target this hotel specifically)

Also, is the MTE zone the only one you're willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above adn we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My maximum bid on PRICELINE would be 159 dollars for 4 1/2 star hotel on MTE. It doesnt matter which four and half star hotel I get, cause they all seemed to be quite nice and would suit good for 13 night stay for two people.

MTE doesnt have to be the only area, Central park south, Upper east side or Queensborough bridge would do fine aswell. Its just seems that there arent many 4 1/2 star hotels on those areas.

So keeping that on mind, highest bid 159 and hopefully less, what should I do with  my strategy?

MTE doesnt have to be the only area, Central park south, Upper east side or Queensborough bridge would do fine aswell. Its just seems that there arent many 4 1/2 star hotels on those areas.

So should we include these 'other' zones in a strategy as well (or only bid MTE)? Even if there is only one 4.5* hotel offered in one of these other zones, if it's available for less than a 4.5* in MTE... would you want it?

Even if you don't feel there are a lot of hotels in a zone, or that prices may be higher than you're bidding, you want to include as many zones which are acceptable as it:

1) gives more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid (worst case scenario you win for less than you thought possible)

2) give you more bidding opportunities

Please confirm which zones we should include in your bidding strategy and we will advise accordingly.

Okay,

Areas that are acceptable in order

Midtown east

Central park south

Queensborough bridge

Upper east side

Empire state building area

And yes, even if theres one 4.5* in some area cheaper than on MTE it would be okay.

Looking forward your reply. Many thanks for your help in advance!

NOTE that there are no 4.5* (or higher) hotels offered in the Queensborough Bridge zone so we will exclude that from your bidding strategy.

When bidding 4.5* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4.5* MTE, CPS, UES...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* MTE, CPS, ESB...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* MTE, CPS, UES, ESB...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $157, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $159

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sorry about that, just finished reading your " priceline re-bidding explained" topic.

But one thing still bothers me: how/where can I find these Re-bid zones in new york that are trustworthy?

Using Priceline search I found areas such as these to be where they didnt offer any 4.5* hotels on my traveling dates.

La Guardia

Kennedy airport

Brooklyn

Bronx

West Village/greenwich

Washington heights

Union square - Flatiron distr.

Harlem

Chinatown.

In your comment you mentioned that there should be 11 bid-zones but I can only find nine above. Am I doing it wrong somehow?

You're looking at the 'retail' side of PRICELINE which is not correct (as they have different zone names than the bidding/name your own price side of their service)... you want to be looking at the 'BIDDING' side of PRICELINE.

If you've read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are still confused, try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

Okay, heres the list of areas and highest star ratings.

Brooklyn 4

Central park south 5

Chelsea area 4.5

Coney island 2

Downtown- FD 5

Empire state building area 5

Greebpoint-williamsburg 4

Greenwich Village 4

Hells kitchen 4

Long island city 4

Lower east side 4.5

Madison square garden 4

Midtown east 5

Midtown west 4.5

Morningside heights - harlem 3.5

Queensborough bridge 4

Soho 5

Times square 5

Union square 4

Upper east 5

Upper west 4

Now I can see all the 11 areas you mentioned previously.

Am I good to go with my biddings?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]