Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Sheraton Chicago Hotel Tower

rival178
By rival178,
in

We are looking to go to cubs game with 2 kids.  We really want to ensure we don't get a smoking room, for example I've tried to verify by call all 4* hotels in the "North Michigan Ave" area, but it might cost us to much.  

Prefered Area = Downtown without chance of smoking room, or somewhere good for kids.

dates = 8/5 - 8/8

I did see a express deal for 4* in North Michigan Ave" area for $136.00, can anyone help identify this one?

Looking to try and stay $80 - $120.

also open to suggestions...

thanks,

Matt

Welccome to BetterBidding!

Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE would still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)... or PRICELINE EXPRESS if one of the 'Bed Choice' option hotels shows a room type that will ensure accommodations for everyone in your family.

A quick HOTWIRE search for 2adults/2children i see a 4* hotel in the Mag Mile-River North zone that is just over your budget at $136/nite (your price may differ a few dollars one way or another) but it also shows that it is a Smoke Free property:

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

... best guess for this property would be the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers.

Does this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes, or how you'd like to proceed, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Parking in Chicago at hotels is generally between around $40-75 and $50-60 a night is - unfortunately - common. City Parking (Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Grant Park) is around $25-35 + city tax. Navy Pier would be an option if you went with the Sheraton, or Grant Park. You may find some garages around $35-40 near the Sheraton, but parking in the city is unfortunately a nightmare. There is the South Loop Hotel that sometimes shows up on Hot.wire - that hotel offers free parking, but it's not a good trade-off when you're in a not great location far South of the Loop with nothing much around.

I often recommend hotels in the North Suburbs (which is a great area with a few great sights and a lot of restaurants/shopping) as an alternative as most of the hotels in that area have free parking and rates are going to be cheaper in the city. The catch? It becomes whether or not you mind the trek on the train into the city to/from each day.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Unfortunately, rates in the North Burbs for these dates don't look as good as they usually do, but: 

I particularly recommend Northbrook, Deerfield, Glenview.

Vernon Hills is nice, but I think it's too far North.

I will note that 8/6-8 in the North Burbs is somewhat more reasonable than if you look up 8/5-8.

The Chicago Botanic Garden (chicagobotanic.org) is nearby and that is basically the Art Institute of garden museums - it's an absolutely stunning place. Wagner Farm is also nearby, and while that's a tiny place, it's an actual operating farm in the middle of the burbs. For younger kids, the Kohl Children's Museum is also nearby and is excellent. There is also the Ravinia Music Festival, which is the oldest outdoor music festival in the US and one of the biggest, attracting major acts throughout the Summer.

If you stay in the North burbs, you will take in the Metra train, which are nicer than the CTA trains, with two levels/bathrooms and bench seating that can be flipped so that everyone can sit together.

If you stay in the suburbs and you bid, you still run the risk of getting one bed, but the risk is probably somewhat lesser than downtown.

Lake Geneva (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60022-Lake_Geneva_Wisconsin-Vacations.html) is a beautiful resort town that's a nice day trip over the border not too far into Wisconsin.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Another option I guess would be take the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers as suggested above, and leave our car at the airport and travel into the city.  We don't plan on driving once we are in the city...

I would assume this happens on a regular basis.

thoughts?

thanks,

Matt

Another option I guess would be take the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers as suggested above, and leave our car at the airport and travel into the city.

Personally, I haven't parked there but I'd really recommend considering Evanston lots. Evanston is the first city North of the City of Chicago border. It's a really nice college town with great restaurants and shopping.

There are two lots:

Sherman Plaza Self Park - 847.491.6908

# of spaces: 1,583

Directions: Enter from Davis Street or Benson Ave.

Clearance: From level one to level five clearance is 8 ft. 2 in.. From level five to top the clearance is 6 ft. 9 in.

1800 Maple Self Park - 847.866.9240

Hours: 24/7 365 days a year

First hour: Free Sundays & Holidays**: Free

Movie patrons – first four hours FREE with validation.

Accepts Visa/Master Card/Amex

# of spaces: 1400 (25 disabled)

Directions: Enter from Maple Avenue at Clark Street or University Place

Clearance: From the main entrance to the top of the garage clearance is 8 ft. 2 in. and 7 ft. 7 in. to enter the flat bay on level two.

----

Those two lots are basically on either side of the Davis Street CTA and Metra stations. So, you could take either the Metra or CTA to Davis and then the parking lot would be right there.

On the link there is a price for 18-24 hours (http://www.cityofevanston.org/parking/lots-garages/), but you may want to call just to double check on if it's okay for multiple days. But, it's a nice place to get to (there is a Whole Foods nearby if you need to pick anything up) and legendary Homer's Ice Cream (http://www.homersicecream.com/awards.asp) isn't too far North.

Let me know if you have any local questions and what you decide/if you have additional questions regarding hotel.

Please use the PRICE.LINE and HOT.WIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Can you help ID hotel on Express Deals?

North Michigan Ave - River north area hotel = 129.00   3 star

- Business Center

- Fitness Center

This would be a possible match for the Inn of Chicago.

While unfortunately over budget, I do think the potential Sheraton's not a bad option for less than $10 more.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Congrats on your success. :)

Great win for this property and glad you are looking forward to your stay.

You mentioned Express deal, but I'm guessing you meant Hot.wire - if you did buy a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal please let us know.

I'm also quite familiar with the Chicago area - if you have any city questions let me know.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]