Hotwire Hotel: 3* Temecula Temecula Creek Inn

mjinspam
By mjinspam,
in

There is a ridiculous resort fee tacked on by Hotwire and then you're told to expect another fee when you arrive.  I don't understand why it's done twice.

My rate was $171 per night, but my total charge was $420.20 for a two night stay.  That's $78 dollars in taxes and fees! And then I'm supposed to pay another $24 when I check in? What gives?

Break down:

2 nights stay= $342

Tax recovery charges & fees - $78

Subtotal = $420.20

and then it says, "additional $12 per room per night".  

Does anyone know why Hotwire charges the $78 and then I'm expected to pay another $24 (resort fee) when I arrive? The most that taxes should be on this room should be around $50 total.  Where does the additional $25 (approx) go? 

That's over $100 in fees! Seems like they are charging me twice.

I just ran a sample booking on a room that's comparable to the place I just booked.  The rates were $167 per night.  Total taxes and fees were $58.61.  

So am I to assume that for a $8 dollar total difference, there is a $20 additional in taxes?  Should I call Hotwire to question the charges?

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

You're comparing the a hotel's taxes only to HOTWIRE's taxes and fees, as HOTWIRE adds a booking fee for processing the transaction, this total was shown on the detail page before you committed to the purchase.

Keep in mind that the 'over $100 in fees' actually goes to 3 different parties:

1) hotwire for offering the discounted room rate and booking the room

2) taxes goes to city/state

3) resort fee goes directly to the hotel

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]