Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4.5* downtown-mil park-grant park

Pistachiop
By Pistachiop,
in

hi there!

will be in chicago July 26-28th and am looking at hotels

in downtown/mp, mag mile & mich ave/river north area.

I found a PRICELINE EXPRESS 3.5* for $93

pet friendly

restaurant

free internet

fitness

business center

any ideas what property this might be?

or suggestions for other properties?

we will need a pet friendly place and would like to keep

our stay under $130 a night.

thanks in advance!

hello!

we will be in chicago 7/26-7/28 and are looking to stay somewhat downtown (pref within walking distance to the awesome new playground at mill. park).

found these on Hot.wire and just need some help with ID...

3.5* mag mile north/water tower $115

free internet

boutique

pet friendly

fitness center

business center

4* mag mile north/water tower $131

Internet access

Pet friendly

fitness & business center

Also would not be opposed to staying at a kimpton property, as we will be traveling with our

small dog and they are super pet friendly. Have also stayed at the Sheraton towers. Would like to keep the stay under $130

a night. oh, and will most likely need 2 double beds.

Thanks so much in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For the HOTWIRE offers above I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Also, please read your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, in terms of needing two doubles, is the PRICELINE EXPRESS listing offering "bed choice" and listing two beds as one of the options?

Additionally, on a sunny day Millennium Park is square in the sun with not a lot of available shade. There is a gorgeous Marianos grocery fairly close to the NE corner of Millennium Park on 333 E Benton, so that's an easy walk if you need snacks/drinks while at the playground area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, if anyone knows what to look for to ID the hotel burnham (in the loop area), that would be awesome. Loved our stays there in the past, but it was always booked directly. Really just needing a pet friendly place within walking distance to mil park's new kid's playground.

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Also, if anyone knows what to look for to ID the hotel burnham (in the loop area)

AaronJB is local to this area so I'm sure he will comment on this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:
1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our Bidding.Helper and click the green 'See All Amenities' button
OR
2) search HOT.WIRE (or use the HOT.WIRE tab at Bidding.Helper) and...

· click the offer
·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Also, if anyone knows what to look for to ID the hotel burnham (in the loop area), that would be awesome.

I'm sure AaronJB will add some comments later, but you can see amenities set(s) that this property has previously been seen with in Hotwire Hotel List. HOWEVER, i will also add that with so many hotels in this area, and HOTWIRE only usually showing one or two at each star rating in a given area, the chances of the one hotel that you're hoping for to appear could be somewhat low.

Sometimes you do get lucky and the hotel you're hoping for is offered... but a better approach with the opaque providers is to do a search and then choose the best deal among the hotels that are offered, rather then be on the lookout for a specific property which may never appear for your dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're bringing a pet, I'd look for hotels with a pet friendly amenity. There is always the chance that a hotel looks similar to how a hotel has shown up on Hot.wire in the past, but could always be a new hotel with the same amenity set. If you are bringing a pet and get a listing that does not indicate pet friendly, there's a degree of risk.

In general when I look at Hot.wire, I'm seeing:

4* Mag Mile-RN $114 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

-- Possible match for Hotel Chicago.

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $131 Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- My guess is that the W Lakeshore has been upgraded to 4.5*.

4.5* Loop $140 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Wyndham Grand Riverfront

I also see a possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza for $98.

You may see slightly different prices than I do, not all of the above may be pet friendly. I also searched for 2a/2c. Would any of the above be of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases..

Thanks everyone! I still have not taken the plunge and am still wondering what the $125 dt/mp/gp 4.5* might be? Im still seeing it pop up when i use bidding helper and plug in 2 adults/1child.

As stated before, will need a pet & kid friendly hotel (we are going to a show at the beat kitchen and bringing my son). Have stayed at the W before, but just noticed it has a $125 pet fee(ouch!) and could board the pooch for less than that.

The sheraton has served us well in the past, no pet fees...neither do kimpton properties...im just having a heck of a time figuring these out.

Thanks again!

A 4.5* downtown-mp-gp w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- would be a match for the Blackstone Renaissance, which is at the very bottom end of the zone.

I'd rather a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $140 w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- which would likely be the Intercontinental - a far better, more central location.

Looking for any further help with ID this hotel, lists at $125 with the following amenities:

Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

... am still wondering what the $125 dt/mp/gp 4.5* might be? Im still seeing it pop up when i use bidding helper and plug in 2 adults/1child.

Are there more amenities associated with this property when searching as per the method(s) above?

This is the full amenity set i'm seeing for this 4.5* in the Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... which i agree with AaronJB's guess of the Blackstone Renaissance, or are you referring to some other property?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]