Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Michelangelo Hotel

mikebee
By mikebee,
in

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Louisville Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the above listing.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Ok thanks I was hoping to get either the Hyatt or the Westin. I am looking for a 4star and up hotel. I know you guys have given thousands of words of advice so hopefully you can help me out.  First trip to New York (for me) with the wife for our anniversary. Short list of things to do is; catch a Broadway show, visit Harlem and do some shopping maybe in the warehouse district.  Looking for a centrally located hotel  would like to keep it somewhere around $250/nt tax included.  I have seen a few hotels in the Manhattan area that were or are close to my price range and now I am ready to book.  Any and all suggestions regarding what hotel and also some suggestions for other things to do on my first trip would be greatly appreciated!

Are Hyatt and Westin the only hotels you're willing to stay at in the Times Square - Theater District?

I have seen a few hotels in the Manhattan area that were or are close to my price range and now I am ready to book.

Please post the information so we can try to ID the hotels for you.

Also please let us know what zone(s) you're willing to stay in.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

I would really like to stay in Manhattan but its not a deal breaker if I can find something that you guys recommend is just as nice as far as location and overall room.  With that being said I guess MSG, MW, and ESB would be my other choices in no particular order.  And I have been lurking around using the bidder helper for the last two weeks just to see what deals were out there but I wasn't ready to book my room.  I saw a few decent deals in my price range for TS but I didn't lock them in hence no concrete info on those other hotels.  Thanks,

A few more questions (and some suggestions)...

Why not the Algonquin or Michelangelo? What is it about the Westin and/or Hyatt that you do like?

I think this is a very good value, great reviews, within your desired zone and budget:

4 star MTW for $163/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

... best guess for this one would be The Jewel?

Thoughts on this one OR what is is more specifically that you're looking for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not against the ALgonquin or the Micelangelo it's just two names that am unfamiliar with. I did some research and it looks like they are both decent hotels. The only attraction to the Hyatt and Westin are that they are brand hotels so I can at least expect them to be decent. I believe they are all 4 star hotels so I probably will bid on whichever 1 they have up in the next few days. Thanks,

While a McDonald's hamburger may taste the same no matter where you buy it, unfortunately hotel chains are not as consistent, so i wouldn't simply go with a brand name vs. an independent property. While large chains/brands do offer some comfort in that there is a structure in place so that if you do have an issue with the hotel that you can't resolve with them directly there is a mechanism for you to complain to corporate headquarters, but i would sooner go with the actual reviews you see for a given hotel.

As noted above i think the best offer i'm seeing is this 4 star MTW hotel which i'm guessing to be The Jewel. Should it be some other property, you still have the 'safety net' of this offer having an 8.0+ user review rating from previous PRICELINE guests.

... I probably will bid on whichever 1 they have up in the next few days.

Is there a reason you intend to wait? Are your plans not firm or are you not ready to commit to this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I am finally ready to book, I just tried to enter my info for the 4.5 start hotel in times square and now its telling me that hotel is booked! When I go back thru using the BiddingHelper.com looks like the same hotel is now $24 bucks more each night! Rather than book that right now I would rather wait and see if the price goes back down......Gosh darn!

There's quite a bit in this general price range, including a 5* in the Empire State Building area for $195 w/fitness, free internet, restaurant. While not yet ID'd/reported to the board and the amenities are common, the Refinery would be a guess. I also see what may be the Westhouse for $190, although that 5* unfortunately has a daily resort fee. The St Giles the Tuscany is also showing for $183 (that property used to be the W Tuscany.) 

You may see slightly different prices than I do. Would any of these be of interest?

The St Giles might work, I believe the others would put me over my budget of $700 for the trip, what are your thoughts compared to these other ones;

ESB 4.5* for $179.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

MSG 4.5 for $161.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

MSG 4.5 for $177.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

TS 4* for $163.00

80% recommended FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Best guess/comments for each:

ESB 4.5* for $179.00

--> St. Giles - The Tuscany

MSG 4.5 for $161.00

--> TRYP Times Square South

MSG 4.5 for $177.00

--> Ink48

TS 4* for $163.00

--> Millenium Broadway

Let us know what you decide... the guessed Jewel is still available using the link in my post above.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]