Priceline Hotel: July 4 - 10, looking for 3* or 4* in River North, trouble strategizing

Owilliams1984
By Owilliams1984,
in

My girlfriend and I are staying in Chicago from July 4th to July 10th.  Our apartment rental fell through, so now we need a decent hotel option. We are tourists, so we want to stay in the River North - Mag Mile area. Our budget was $1115 for the apartment, so we don't really want to exceed that for the hotel. Seems like this may be a daunting challenge.

Does anyone have any bidding recommendations or strategies for us? Price.line v Hot.wire, 3* v 4* (which is better value), and what price we might hold out for are all questions I have. I know that 4th of July evening is what is really driving the prices up.

Thanks,

Owen

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The issue becomes that an apartment is not really an apples-to-apples comparison in terms of cost, as the hotel offers amenities that an apartment would not, among other factors.

Would you be okay with possibly splitting the stay? I see some more appealing options when splitting 7/4-6 (or even 7/4-5) and 7/6-10 (or 7/5-10)?

I'll also note Taste of Chicago takes place during part of this period.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]