Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Carlsbad - San Marcos) Holiday Inn Carlsbad

ecaz02
By ecaz02,
in

Hi There,

I'm trying to figure out which hotel has the following amenities and is 85% recommended:
Business center, Fitness center, Free Internet, Free parking, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry

The Biddinghelper tool posts these amenities:

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

My travel dates are June 30 to July 1, 2015 and the rate fluxuates between $97 and $104.

Thanks!

Like you know is this hotel still in the dark.

But the Holiday Inn will fit the bill but I'm not sure.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Not sure exactly what you're looking for ni this stay, but here are some PRICELINE EXPRESS offers that i think look compelling (based upon price and star rating relative to the HOTWIRE offer above):

4.5* Oceanside-Carlsbad for $112/nite

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

--> best guess would be the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa

3* Oceanside-Carlsbad for $90/nite

Free Parking

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

... my guess here would be the Holiday Inn Carlsbad

Any of these work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am going to Legoland and am looking to stay closer than the Omni and Holiday Inn.  I was hoping it is Carlsbad by the Sea which is listed in the Hotwire Hotel list but I couldn't find a post validating it.  

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

When we went to Legoland last week, I too hoped we'd be able to get Carlsbad By the Sea through Hotwire. But I didn't see it. Thus my Priceline stays at the Rodeway and Holiday Inn.

If you want to leave your car at the hotel and walk to Legoland, then Carlsbad By the Sea is the way to go. It's about a 15 minute walk from door to gate. For my very social 6-year old son, he also enjoyed meeting other kids at the free breakfast and the swimming pool. 

But if you're going to drive and park at Legoland, the extra distance is not that much. Google maps gives 6 minutes vs 10 minutes. 

Other bonuses for the Holiday Inn are a nice pool, basketball court, and putting green, but no resort fee. The room was much nicer, larger, cleaner, and quieter. (Carlsbad by the Sea is next to the freeway, so some rooms get the freeway noise.)

The buffet breakfast was $12(?), but it was more substantial then the one offered at Carlsbad by the Sea. My wife, who doesn't really like "American" breakfasts, used it as an excuse for us to go to cafes highly rated on Yelp.

The only negative was that it being a true hotel, you can't park directly in front of the room. Thus the need for multiple trips to the parking lot to retrieve luggage.

So, for our next trip to Legoland, I'm going to try staying at the Holiday Inn Carlsbad.

...I couldn't find a post validating it.

Last two HOTWIRE threads for this property:

Hotwire Carlsbad by the Sea

San Diego Carlsbad

You can also user our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see what is nearby Legoland and how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This ended up being the Holiday Inn Carlsbad.  Pretty disappointing.  Warning for those looking to go to Legoland, this hotel does not even have a shuttle to the park.  This is the Holiday Inn to the east of Legoland with no restaurants around from what I can see.  The Holiday Inn Express is better located.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Sorry to see that you don't like the location.

Enjoy your stay and Legoland.

Yellowdog.

Hi ecaz02,

I hope that your experience at the Holiday Inn changes your disappointment. The Holiday Inn may not have been as convenient as the Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, but you saved about $40. After you pay for parking, you still have $25 to pay towards Legos for your child. :-)

And since children stay free at the Holiday Inn, they even gave us two queens in a room so big, it had an echo. At the Carlsbad by the Sea, I "forgot" to plug my son into the Hot.wire search, so he just crowded into the queen with us.

Your trip to Legoland was two weeks into Legoland's high season. So I can see why Carlsbad by the Sea wasn't showing up on Hotwire. You'll need to wait until Legoland quiets down. That's when Carlsbad by the Sea was on Hot.wire for $75 a night. And they were happy to have us.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]