Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia Suburbs (Plymouth Meeting Norristown) Philadelphia Marriott West

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

Okay. I'm back. I decided that I might end up in Horsham and those places are cheaper. The Days Inn is $57 on PRICELINE EXPRESS and the ESA is about $63 there.  I'm willing at this point to go to $45 for a 2 star in Horsham (which I HOPE is the DI - better breakfast than ESA and 24 hour desk clerk). So I used BB [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link and went in and bid as follows:

Horsham 2.5* at $45. rejected

Lowered to 2* at $44 and got rejected.

I guess next time - probably tomorrow - I'll bid 3 star $46, then 2/5* at $44. and then 2* at $45.00

Any better game plan for now? it's a weekend so usually these places have room.

Thanks as always!  BTW, if I'm now in Horsham, should I change the title. Looks like Conshohocken (I'd got to $50 mix there for 2.5* I don't want a 2 star there.

Steve

You can continue to try but i think a 2.5* in Horsham will likely run you closer to $55-$65... a 2* in the $45-$55 range.

We will leave the title as-is and when you win a hotel use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title and the thread will also automatically be moved to the correct section of the board (if necessary) based upon if PRICELINE, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or HOTWIRE is ultimately used.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I tried to work the system and got "screwed". I was doiing my daily (sometimes more) bidding for a 2 star in Horsham and was up to $52 with no luck. I thought I could live with a 2.5 star on Conshocken and get maybe the Residence Inn. I did NOT want 2 star in Conshohocken/PM because it's Extended Stay which is (per reviews) a dump. I looked at PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals this morning in Horsham and there were none underf $100. So I went in (using BB [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link) and bid $52 for 2.5 star in Horsham. DECLINED. Then I decided to add Conshohocken/PM at the same rate ($52). And my next move would be to log out and log in and bid $53 for Horsham only. BUT, when I bid the $52 for a 2.5 in Conshohocken/ PM I WON - the damn Mariott Conshohocken West (which we have been discussing because it is ONLY hotel in Philly North subburbs that charges $20 for parking! (And no breakfast - not even continental). I should have looked at PRICELINE EXPRESS deals in Conshocken first (my error) as I see it is back at $67. That would have alerted me that I might end up with it. It's a 3.5 star but just for room rating. Nothing else 3.5 star about it.

I'll figure out a way to not park at hotel but it is annoying. So you can record the winning bid of $52 for the Mariott Conshohocken West

A nice deal for this property, but sorry it's not what you were seeking do to the parking fee... hopefully you can find some alternate (free) parking options nearby.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at Philly Folk Fest.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll figure out a way to not park at hotel but it is annoying. So you can record the winning bid of $52 for the Mariott Conshohocken West

I would put a call into the general manager with your best "kiss up" tone of voice and say how you look forward to your upcoming stay at the hotel and if he could waive the parking fee. Don't mention your booking method, it's never good to lead with your chin, so to speak. Keep it short and sweet. I would also sign up for a Marriott Rewards card before hand, let them know you're in the club even if it's for one stay.

If that fails, there is a McDonalds across the street. Grab a free coffee in the Marriott Lobby (if available), and get two sausage burritos off the Dollar Plus menu. There is street parking along the side of McD's, but check the signs to see if there are any time limits or restrictions. I don't think West Conshohocken has resident parking permits. There are some office buildings nearby, but security might hassle you about parking. There's also a WaWa across the street, if Hoagiefest is still going on you can grab a made to order Hoagie for $4.99, it will probably be cheaper than anything you'd get at the Folk Featival.

By the way, the Homewood Suites in Lansdale has an average rate of $63 through the PFS site. Congrats on the $52 win.

Thanks dahammer. I've already emailed the General Manager with a courtesy request. I was up front about using PL - she would see it in the reservation. I did tell them that I'm a Marriott Rewards Member and top reviewer on Trip Advisor (where all the complaints are about the parking). I'll see how she responds. Breakfast was not the big issue, the pkg was. Most folks told me there isn't street parking right there but I seem to remember there is some on or across Fayette street. 

I wasn't aware of the Homewood Suites deal on PFS site - never  thought to look. But too late now. As I said earlier, if folks want to avoid the Mariott Fee they should probably check the Express deals and see if there is a 3 star deal there (I think t was $57, and the went away and came back. And not bid on even a 2 1/2 star in that zone because - like me - you might get "upgraded" at Marriott with an addition $20 cost.

Appreciate the reply though.

Steve

I would put a call into the general manager with your best "kiss up" tone of voice and say how you look forward to your upcoming stay at the hotel and if he could waive the parking fee. Don't mention your booking method, it's never good to lead with your chin, so to speak. Keep it short and sweet. I would also sign up for a Marriott Rewards card before hand, let them know you're in the club even if it's for one stay.

Update to dahammer. As I said, I did write a nice email to the General Manager and she agreed to waive the overnight parking fee for me - since I wouldn't be at the hotel more than 8 hours! So, yes, Wawa will be my breakfast!
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]