Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Avenue - River North) July 13-15

texasjohnsons
By texasjohnsons,
in

Can you help me ID this Priceline Express hotel deal?

4* Chicago (North Michigan Avenue - River North)

July 13-15, 2015

Priceline Express $158

Guaranteed amenities:

Business Center

Restaurant

Guest Score: Rated 7 out of 10
Save 38% or more

First screen said "bed choice available" but when I clicked on "choose," it said room assigned at check-in.

This seems like a pretty good deal for these dates. Any guess what hotel? Warwick Allerton Chicago?

Thanks for your help and insight.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Houston Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.)

Also for this Chicago stay, what would be your desired budget per night for this stay? The Allerton is in a great location, but it is an older property with smaller rooms.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

My budget is always as little as possible!  :)  Seriously though, I would like to keep the price under $200 per night including taxes and fees.

I love the River North area. My preference is a hotel with breakfast included (i.e. Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites) but not crazy about some of the other properties that show up in the same star rating (Holiday Inn, Best Western, Comfort Suites). For that reason, I usually look for 4-star properties. They are generally more consistent.

We could extend our stay to July 12-15 if the price is right (low!). Right now I'm seeing a lot of more expensive hotels ($250 and up).

The Warwick Allerton seems tired, old and small. I would prefer not to stay there.

I know this sounds like I'm picky - and I am! But you asked. This is why I always have a back-up refundable rate hotel reservation so I know exactly what I'm getting. I often stay away from hotwire and priceline because I get nervous!

Thanks for your help.

The Holiday Inn Mart Plaza - while not the most centrally located property nor does it offer breakfast - is actually a pretty nice Holiday Inn with the benefit of a number of rooms having river view (and if the room doesn't, there is a bar area off to the side next to the check in that does offer some pretty fantastic river views. Otherwise, there are a couple of mixed properties at each star rating 3/3.5/4* in both zones (but also some pretty terrific ones.)

Just so that we can compare when we research, could you share the details of your back-up (what hotel/price?)

I'm not seeing a lot on Hot.wire under $200.

4* Loop $177 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa.

-- This would be a possible match for the Virgin or W City Center. I'd lean towards the former and the former would be a great result, but there is a chance it may be the latter. The W - while a nice hotel and a very different hotel after its revamp a couple of years ago - is not in a great location from a tourist perspective.

There's a 4* Loop for $196 that's likely the Allegro that wouldn't work for the same reasoning as the W City Center.

I'm seeing what appears to be the Felix for $212 in the Mag Mile-RN area. Great location, small rooms and mixed reviews.

There is a 4.5* in the Mag Mile n-WT area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet for $223. That listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. A guess would be the Ivy with the removal of the free internet amenity it previously showed with, as I'm seeing now $5 for wifi on some sites for this property. 

You may see slightly different rates than I do when searching. Would any of the above options be of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

This is why I always have a back-up refundable rate hotel reservation...

If you're not aware, we have a companion site RefundableRates.com that makes it easy to find hotels on a refundable basis (we found that most sites list the lowest price, which is usually non-refundable/non-cancellable, so we built RefundableRates.com as a way to be able to find the best deal on a back-up booking) :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]