NY to Jamaica NYOP

samuelsnat82
By samuelsnat82,
in

Hello right now the ticket price for JFK to KIN for the dates 8/8-8/24 is about 700 my question is would it be safe for me to use the priceline name your own price and if it is what would be a reasonable amount to bid that more than likely wont be rejected. Also how logn of a layover do you believe from experience would I endure.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

...would it be safe for me to use the priceline name your own price...

'Safe' in what regard? What is the actually concern you have?

...what would be a reasonable amount to bid that more than likely wont be rejected.

There are bidding strategies that you can use to help ensure that you get the best price... how much of a discount would you require to make an 'opaque' ticket worthwhile? (given you can't choose the flight times, layover city, length of layover, etc)

Also how logn of a layover do you believe from experience would I endure.

I don't believe PRICELINE now puts a maximum length of layover for international travel. From THEIR WEBSITE:

For domestic travel, you agree to depart on any flight leaving between 6am and 10pm on the dates you want to travel, arriving the same day. You also agree to make up to one stop or connection (which adds no more than 3 hours to your travel time). For international travel, flights may depart at any time on your dates of travel (midnight to midnight), though they will rarely depart after 11pm. You also agree to make up to one stop or connection each way. Stops and connection times vary by region.

This is an old(er) link so i can't confirm if it's still valid, but it would at least give you a guideline as to average and maximum layover times: Priceline Layover Times and Rules

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I say safe meaning would I be say bidding to leave on a specific day say today and three days later is when I actually land at my destination. Also I really dont want to pay over 300 for my ticket after taxes and all. So I am wondering in your experience if you know how long on average are the lay over to Jamaica I find alot of information about Puerto Rico just wondering about Jamaica. I will be away for two weeks so if my trip is shortened by two days in order to get a cheap fare I am willing to do it but I dont want to spend half my time in an airport. Also have you heard of anyone losing their luggage because of the connections. 

All of the above is probably a moot point as getting this ticket for $300 when regular rates are $700 is not realistic...

You can certainly try if you'd like, but with capacity (number of planes traveling each route) down over the last few years, there have been fewer and fewer empty seats on planes and deep discounts on airfare are not seen very often.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]