Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial District

Fmk123
By Fmk123,
in

Hi.

I would like to have some advice and help with Priceline bidding. So, this is my first time using this service and I hope it is not too late to find something decent. I was hoping to have at least a 3 to 3.5 star hotel. I am going with my sister (her first visit in NYC) and I want her to have a good experience but we are on a tight budget. As far as hotels goes, my absolute maximum is $120 per night without taxes a fees (but I would love to stay between $80-$100) I know it will be challenging with my budget, but do you think it is possible. As for where we want to stay we would like something on not too far (as we won't have a car and would be using public transportation), ideally I would look into Chelsea, time square, Madison garden, Empire State Building, upper east side etc...(really anything on the main island that is potentially close to the metro and safe). If you have any suggestions in Brooklyn or queens, I am open too but I am not really familiar with that area so not sure how transport to downtown is. I will be doing the bidding either tomorrow Friday or Saturday morning. Thank you so much.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

At current rates i'm doubtful that you will be successful for a 3* inside of Manhattan at $120 or less... it will morel likely take between the $125-145 range.

HOTWIRE does have a 3* hotel in the Long Island City zone for $108/nite that appears to be the Hotel Vetiver. While i'm not such a fan of Long Island City as some others, this hotel is close to the subway to take you into Manhattan.

Are you able to stretch your budget a bit further OR would you sooner take the Long Island City property on HOTWIRE?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was able to change my date to July 11-13. I tried the bidding for a long time, then I checked express deal and found a 4 star hotel in the financial district for $126, so I just booked that. I went a little over budget but it was 1/2 a star more than what I was looking for and I have 3 weeks before going instead of 1. I used the link here to do it. Also the hotel was the holiday inn in manhattan financial district. I was a little disappointed as I did not know holiday inn was a four star hotel, but the reviews seems good so I am fine with it. Let me know if you want me to post anything else. Thank you.

Thanks for using the PRICE.LINE links on the board.

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Priceline Express Hotel List

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase.

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Holiday Inn

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]