Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3.5* or above near the Loop in Chicago , 6/24-6/26, $125/night budget

54m33r
By 54m33r,
in

I'm traveling to Chicago from June 24 until June 26. I'm flying in. 

Here's what I've tried so far:

- Bid on June 10: $100/night, 3.5 star rating, Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area.

Bid was rejected.

- Bid on June 16: $110/night, 4.5 star rating, Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area.

Bid was rejected.

My meetings are mostly in the Loop so I'd like to be in that area, but it's not imperative. River North would work, as would pretty much any area that allows me to hop on a train and get to the Loop. Paying $125/night would be nice but that's somewhat flexible too. I would like to keep it under $350 (including taxes) for the two nights.

Open to ideas/strategies. Thanks.  

Unfortunately, rates are quite high for these dates and $125 is not going to be possible based on the rates that I'm seeing. A 4* downtown for these dates will likely take in the neighborhood of $200. Staying by ORD will be quite a bit cheaper but will require a 55-60 minute train ride each way to/from the Loop each day.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the responses. I see a 3.5 star hotel on Hotwire in the Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area with 50% positive reviews (yikes!). 

Amenities

- Business center  

- Fitness center  

- Free Internet  

- Indoor pool(s)  

- Pool(s)  

- Restaurant(s)

Accessibility

- Accessible for hearing impaired

- Accessible path of travel

Is this the Congress Plaza Hotel (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-congress-plaza-hotel-chicago)?

If you click the listing, then click "book now", then click "see all amenities", do you see:

Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Handicapped Parking

If so, this would likely be the Essex Inn.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Aaron, the amenities are:

- Free Internet

- Indoor pool(s)

- Fitness center

- Pool(s)

- Restaurant(s)

- Business center

- Internet access

- In-room accessibility

- Accessible parking

This list is quite similar to the one you shared so it must be the Essex Inn. The price on Hotwire is $184/night. 

I'm seeing some good last minute deals so I may end up booking a hotel once I get there. I'll update this thread.

Same amenities, I'd guess Essex.

There are a couple of small-to-moderate sized conventions during this period (plus Summer traffic), so rates could stay around these levels. Regular rates are definitely on the high side.

You can use our RateDrop.com free service to get alerts on declines for HOTWIRE listings, PRICELINE EXPRESS listings and regular rate listings. If there are declines in rates towards the last minute (and rates can go the other way last minute, there have been many examples of that in recent years as demand has ramped up post-2008), you will most likely see declines in the discount services as well.

I am seeing a couple of decent options on PRICELINE EXPRESS around the same price, including what may be the Central Loop Hotel for $199 and the Inn of Chicago for $178. Would either of these be of interest?

I am seeing a couple of decent options on PRICELINE EXPRESS around the same price, including what may be the Central Loop Hotel for $199 and the Inn of Chicago for $178. Would either of these be of interest?

Aaron, I don't see those options on Priceline Express.

But, I am considering a 3 star (initially I was interested in 3 1/2 and above, but lower expectations now) in Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area on Hotwire with a 45% recommendation (somewhat disconcerting), with the following amenities:

- Fitness center

- Restaurant(s)

- Business center

- Self-service laundry

- Internet access

- In-room accessibility

- Accessible bathroom

- Accessible parking 

Can you ID it?

The 3* Hot.wire Downtown-MP-GP is likely the Congress, with a slight possibility of the Travelodge. While the cheapest option available, neither would be a very good result. The Congress was the site of one of the longest worker strikes in history, which went on about a decade.

I'm still seeing the potential Inn of Chicago on PRICELINE EXPRESS - a 3* in the River North-NMA w/fitness and business, as well as bed choice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]