MCO to GLA, is the NYOP tool for me?

chevalla
By chevalla,
in

I'm planning on flying from MCO (or any Orlando airport) to GLA , leaving December 14 2015 and coming back January 14 2016. Both of these dates are highly flexible by at least 3 days in either direction, and I dont care about what time I leave.

My main worry is layovers. I don't mind long layovers in random places I just don't want to spend the night anywhere (i.e. have to leave the airport to find a hotel). Is the NYOP tool known for giving overnight layovers? Is there any way to prevent that? Also would Priceline book me on different airlines for different legs of the flight (meaning I would have to get my bag rechecked during my layover)?

Lastly, once my bid is accepted (I bid 600 and it was accepted) and I decide to book it is my card charged immediately? And when will  I find out my itinerary? Is it immediate or does Priceline take a few days/weeks to find me a flight?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just skeptical of such low prices. Considering the info above, should I use the NYOP tool or go the traditional route? I'll be saving ~200 dollars this way.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

A few thoughts/questions:

1. You note that you bid $600 and it was "accepted". Did you hit search at the end of the check-out process to finalize your purchase and have the service search for any airlines to accept or did you just start the check-out process with $600? If you just started the process and entered in $600 that does not mean that $600 will be accepted.

2. What would be your desired budget for the bid?

3. Your card is charged immediately and you find out the itinerary immediately.

Also: 

What rules do I agree to when I request a ticket from priceline?

You agree to fly on any one of the major, full-service airlines and their affiliates. Airlines listed may or may not be participating in priceline at any given time. 

For domestic travel, you agree to depart on any flight leaving between 6am and 10pm on the dates you want to travel, arriving the same day. You also agree to make up to one stop or connection (which adds no more than 3 hours to your travel time). For international travel, flights may depart at any time on your dates of travel (midnight to midnight), though they will rarely depart after 11pm. You also agree to make up to one stop or connection each way. Stops and connection times vary by region. 

To get the price you want, all tickets issued through priceline.com are non-refundable, non-changeable and non-endorsable. Tickets are for round-trip travel only and must originate in the 50 U.S. States and Puerto Rico. Destinations include virtually anywhere in the world. Tickets issued through priceline.com are not eligible for Frequent Flyer miles, or upgrades. When you submit a ticket request, it must be guaranteed with a valid major credit card with sufficient credit available to pay for your tickets. Unlike regular tickets, priceline tickets require no Saturday night stay or advance purchase requirements. Though seats may not be available on a specific date, there are no blackout periods when tickets cannot be requested.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]