Priceline Hotel: 3*+ hotel, 150usd top, plz help with bidding

amanda_wsq
By amanda_wsq,
in

Hi all,

I have several choices during this time period and here are my ideal conditions:1. <200 per night inclusive of tax 2. as close to city center as possible 3.2*+

1.3*, N. SFO Intl Airport - Oyster Point,128USD/night

Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2.2.5* , Lombard Street - Marina District, 154USD/night

Free parking, Free Internet, Internet access, Accessible parking

Thank you in advance!

Hi all

It's my first time to try bidding on a hotel in SF. I am not sure which area will be great for travelling around the city, and I am accompanying my parents to stay here for 2 nights during 7.30-8.1

I wish to get a decent hotel, clean and relatively not old. 150USD per night is the limit and 3*+ is preferred.

I just saw the post of 4* in USW for $120 about Monaco, Kimpton hotel(the time frame is almost close to mine) but I tried to bid 4* at $129 but didn't pan out.

Any suggestion on bidding strategy?

Thank you in advance! I love this site coz it did help me in my Miami trip:)

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Crystal City Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the above listing.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I wish to get a decent hotel, clean and relatively not old. 150USD per night is the limit and 3*+ is preferred. Any suggestion on bidding strategy?

What zone(s) are you willing to stay in? Please post the zone(s) by PRICELINE name.

Also, what is your budget/night for 3* VS 4*? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* or is the goal for this trip the least expensive 3* or better?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Basically as long as it's relatively convenient to get to the tourists' attractions via public transport..so Union Square West/Union Square South/Financial District/Marina-Lombard Street/Japantown/Civic Center

I am hoping to find a 3*+ hotel with the upper limit of $150. Probably won't pay more than $200(inclusive of tax) just for a better star rating.

Thank you!

Would you have a preference for the Mark Twain at $158/nite vs. Club Quarters San Francisco at $167/nite (both rates are before taxes/fees)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One of the above was on HOTWIRE, the other via PRICELINE EXPRESS... thru each of these services you can try to target the hotel indicated and purchase for the price listed above (assuming still available). If you bid on PRICELINE you may get a slightly cheaper price, but there is no way to target or guess the hotel you may receive, you would need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) in the zone(s) that you choose to bid.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yeah indeed. I am aware of the risk of using PRICELINE bidding but it may be worth it to get a good deal:)

Would you plz let me know Club Quarters was in the priceline or hotwire??

Do you also have any idea what these deals may be?

HOTWIRE:

1. civic centre south 3*, $158, 85%rec

Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

2. Union square east 3.5* $165,90%rec

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

PL express:

1. financial district 3.5*, $188

restaurant, free internet, fitness center, business center

2. Union Square West 3*, $147

pets allowed, fitness center, restaurant, free internet

3. Union Square East 3.5* $157

pets allowed, business center, restaurant

*info searched for 7.30-7.31 night

I really appreciate your help!!

...for 2 nights during 7.30-8.1

*info searched for 7.30-7.31 night

Have you change the dates of your stay OR are you looking to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Are you willing to pay the prices above in order to have a guess as to the hotel offered OR would you first try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price? Are you willing to pay $188/nite for a hotel before taxes/fees?

I might split the PRICELINE bid coz I can always add one more night after confirming which hotel it is.

Also I think it's highly possible that bidding hotel is the same as the corresponding PRICELINE EXPRESS deal...So after having an idea what are those candidates, I will proceed to try bidding.

However, I did try bidding $140 for Financial District 3.5* ,but it didn't pan out:(

Would you mind sharing your idea on which hotels those might be? Thank you very much.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]