Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) The Premier Hotel Times Square

am1t
By am1t,
in

Hey,

I'm looking for help regarding the staying @ New York at the dates above, my budget is around 200$ ish all-in per nite.

I never used any of Priceline features and really looking forward to try it with minimal risk. It's our honeymoon and were actually going to be in la and Vegas before arriving New York.

The skip between dates is because we're taking a little trip to Toronto, the falls and another place I can't remember.

A must for us is a good wifi connection.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Congrats on your honeymoon! 

Are TS/MSG/MTW the only acceptable zones? MTE/ESB are nice areas and are convenient as well.

We'll use this thread for the 7/29-8/2 stay; please start a new thread for the additional nights.

Usually $200 all-in would not be enough for a 4.5/5* in NYC, which is unfortunately often quite expensive. $200 "all in" is not going to be enough for a 5* for these dates. It will also be difficult for a 4.5*, but I do think if your budget can be $220-235 and you would consider MTE/ESB as well you likely have a much better chance at the 4.5* level.

Let us know your thoughts and we would be happy to offer discussion on how to proceed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks on the quick replay.

I think we can add these locations to th search but we really don't want an hotel close to the docks or anything like that.

All in 230$ will be some kind of max price for us. Also going to spend 2 more nights in ny later on.

To add, and re-iterate, to some of the above...

To begin, at current your budget is not going to be enough for a 4.5* or 5* hotel for these dates... you will more likely need to be in the $220-$240 area before taxes and fees.

HOTWIRE has some 4.5* properties starting at $185/nite (which comes to about $230 all-in), but the first 4.5* property i looked at appears to be one of two hotels, both of which are 4* rated on PRICELINE, so by looking at 4.5* hotels on HOTWIRE it may not be an apples-to-apples comparison to what you can get when using PRICELINE.

Lastly, when using PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose. If there is a part of the zone that you're not willing to accept, then HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS may be a better option, as you at least could then take an educated guess (using the amenities and any other clues provided) as to which hotel is being offered, and assuming the guess is correct, know if the location will work for your needs.

I think the first issue that needs to be discussed is your budget and star rating, as that will let us know what options you have... are you willing to increase your budget for a 4.5* on PRICELINE (if so, how much on a bid basis) OR do you prefer to lower your star rating for a 4* within your current budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/questions on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After a long discussion we decided we can settle for 4* while aiming for the top hotels for that range of stars. 

but it kinda rule out the bidding method, no ?

and if we lowering our demands on stars what are the best hotels on the area described on topic title ? 

its very confusing the rating and stars system are different on each website.. :(

Some of what i'm seeing in the zones you inquired about (all prices are before taxes/fees):

The Mansfield (MTW) for $178/nite

The Palace (MTE but is 5 star rated) for $205/nite

Michelangelo Hotel (Times Square) for $194/nite

The Lexington (MTE) for $158/nite

Any of the above of interest?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey thanks,

I just reviewed the hotels you suggested, we didn't like the old theme on Michelangelo and the Mansfield,

The palace got no internet connection.

The Lexington seems nice and so far looks like a good pick but I think we can do better like more modern central hotel don't you think?

Is it better to book it now or closer to travel date?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your stay... it all depends how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations; but i do think The Lexington offers a very good value at this price. As well, we have been seeing fewer last minute price drops in many markets as the hotel industry has been rebounding (along with the economy)

Keep in mind that the inventory does change often (which is kinds of what you're hoping for), but this could also work against you as you wait for a better deal to come along The Lexington may disappear entirely and a better deal never materializes. I will also add that the pictures of The Lexington certainly seem modern (to my non-artistic eye), so not really sure what style it is that you're actually seeking.

There aren't many other options in your price range in terms of HOTWIRE. What appears to be the Grand Hyatt or Westin Grand Central is showing for $183. Would that be of interest?

Additionally, the Palace definitely does have internet.

I'm seeing a 4.5* in MTE w/Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa for $185. You may see a slightly different price.

This amenity set has been seen with the Grand Hyatt and the Westin Grand Central, so either would be guesses in this case.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

I will edit the topic title. Please make sure your dates are firm before requesting ID help as it can be a time consuming process to research hotels and the rates/inventory will likely be different even when changing dates by just a few days. I assume you will now be in NYC for the complete date range of Aug 1-7 (no side trips planned in between)?

For your new set of dates i'm seeing what appears to be:

HOTWIRE

Lexington New York for $185/nite

Millennium Broadway for $189/nite

Carlton on Madison or St Giles The Court for $195/nite

St. Giles the Tuscany for $211/nite

PRICELINE EXPRESS

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York for $197/nite

Any of the above of interest?

Sorry for the trouble, the mistake was made by the traveling company, it actually made me change a lot of my plans.

and it yes we will be staying in ny for the entire time from 1-7 (we had to reschedule the small trip to the 7.8).

Millennium Broadway for $189/nite, the only hotel fits on that area ? if it does i think we'll pick it up. (btw how much including tax and fees ?)

Searching for Aug 1-7 there is a 4* hotel in the Times Square zone for ~$185/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Millennium Broadway.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Apparently some changes was made on our flight with delta airlines, we will be arriving on the 31.7 which made me happy I didn't book the hotel.

But I would get that 1 night off from the mistake for free.anyways. Now the dates changed to the 31.7-7.8.

I think I know the basics of the search and will try my best finding something that will be ok with the wife and hopefully a good deal.

I will keep u guys updated. If u find any great hotel on the areas described on our date in minimum risk I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

Please let us know if you see a listing of interest within your desired budget and the details for the listing (price, zone, star rating and amenities, including accessible amenities) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

is there any chance of landing a marriott marquise @ pl/hw ?

Doubtful as this property does not come up very often.

and what best way to secure it ?

If this is the only property you're willing to accept please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed or what you decide for this stay.

ID Hotwire 4* hotel Times Square 80% rec

Pet friendly, fitness, business, restaurant, Internet access, accessible : visual, hearing, path, bathroom, parking, in room accessibility, Rollin shower.

Msg says last one got the millennium but on Hotwire amenities it says millennium aren't pet friendly.

Anyone?

The 'Last person got ___' information is relative to the last person who purchased a hotel in this zone and at this star rating... not necessarily the hotel currently being offered.

Please copy/paste the amenities from the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab (or directly from HOTWIRE) as it makes it easier for us to research your hotel if the amenity names are consistent, and also include the room rate per nite in your post:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Millennium Broadway Hotel

I'm very familiar with the city and if you let us know your requirements (maximum budget, minimum star rating, and any other needs for this trip i can probably pick out the top 2-3 offers within your parameters, but you'll first need to become open to more hotels than the one or two that you found and are hoping to come up on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

I really thought I replayed to this, anyhow thanks a lot for all the help you guys are giving and sharing..

As for the trip we decided to split our reservations for 31.7-4.8 and 4.8-7.8 just in case we won't like the hotel we stil have the chance of changing.

Instead of booking 8 nights in advAnce.

Our budget is 150-250$ Pn For 31.7-4.8.

We want on ts area 4* n up.

Fitness and Internet. All the rest aren't really important.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offers for these dates.

Times Square - Theater District area Hotel 193$ (280$)

4.5*

95% recommended

This hotel’s location earned a 4.5/5 guest rating.

Travel Dates

Check-in: Fri, Jul 31, 2015

Check-out: Tue, Aug 04, 2015

Room type

Hot Rate® Hotel

Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]