Hotwire Hotel: Help with ID of St. Louis hotel in Lafayette Park area

dep
By dep,
in

We plan to go to St. Louis from Aug. 14-16 and would like to stay downtown. We used Hot.wire the past several years to get a 3* hotel for a really good price, which always turned out to be the Holiday Inn Select/Ramada Plaza (same hotel). Not great reviews but it worked for us.  I no longer see that hotel listed.  I expanded my search and see a 2.5* hotel in the Lafayette Park area for $125.  It is 90% recommended and has the following amenities.  I can't find it identified anywhere.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Free Internet

Free breakfast

Free parking

Indoor pool(s)

Pool(s)

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (such as accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOT.WIRE or PRICE.LINE links to start your purchases and searches.

OK.  Here are the full list of amenities.

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks.

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for? Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

We used HOTWIRE the past several years to get a 3* hotel for a really good price

Please post your wins on the board so all members can gain from the information. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

I just tried it and it still comes up. With 2 adults it shows as $118 today.  I used 4 adults yesterday to make sure we got 2 beds.

Also, I had mentioned that we had stayed at a 3* for several years. It had been a HI or Ramada, depending on the year.  I called them and they are back to being a HI.  Either their star rating has changed, they don't have availability, and/or their rate has gone way up, but I don't see them in Hotwire - or at least I don't recognize them.  Do you have any idea of the star rating of the Holiday Inn downtown?

Thanks.

Please post your wins on the board so all members can gain from the information.

Do you have any idea of the star rating of the Holiday Inn downtown?

Perhaps another user has recently purchased this Holiday Inn but, just like yourself, for whatever reason didn't post... so perhaps you now see the benefit of doing so and will continue to share your wins with the board.

Was it a full service Holiday Inn that you previously stayed in or are you referring to the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis at 2625 Lafayette Ave? (or was it the Holiday Inn Downtown Convention Center hotel whhich is in HOTWIRE's 'Downtown' zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The first question is which hotel is in the Lafayette Square area.  It's the only hotel in that area that is showing up on Hotwire.  Is it the HI Express?  We have never stayed there.

The downtown hotel that we have stayed at for several years was at first a HI Select, then it was a Ramada Plaza.  When I called them recently, they said they are now a HI again, and it would be at the Convention Center.

I think I may be confusing you in the way I asked the questions.  The original question was just IDing the 2.5* Lafayette Square area hotel with the amenities listed.  The other question was about the HI Convention Center.  Has it's star rating changed from what it was a year ago, which was 3*.

Sorry for the confusion.

We have not yet seen a hotel reported to the board thru HOTWIRE in the Lafayette Square zone, but there are not a lot of hotels in this small zone... my guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis.

For the Holiday Inn Convention Center property, i suspect that it is still 3 star rating, but there is no way to know for certain until is it once again reported to the board (which is why we try to stress that it's important to share your wins, even if the hotel has already been reported to the board previously, as it helps others knowing how 'fresh' the information is based upon the last time it was reported)

letusnkow

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]